• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracking Slabs

45 posts in this topic

Have you used the flags long-term? Do they show any deterioration to the adhesive over time?
No - I just started using them a year ago, upon the recommendation of my fellow boardies. However, I would guess that any deterioration over time would mostly affect the post it stickiness itself, not the mylar. Don't know though - they are just way better than tape, which immediatly creates a mess.

Always, ALWAYS put the book on the board...then put both in the bag.

That way you won't catch any slivers on the back cover and it is easier to keep any corners from folding over.

Sometimes I go a step further. I sandwich the comic between 2 backing boards and slide it in the bag, then slide out the board in front.

I've found this to be an excellent way to avoid both the possibility of hanging on the edges and also to avoid tape pulls.

I like it :idea:

Always, ALWAYS put the book on the board...then put both in the bag.

That way you won't catch any slivers on the back cover and it is easier to keep any corners from folding over.

Sometimes I go a step further. I sandwich the comic between 2 backing boards and slide it in the bag, then slide out the board in front.

I've found this to be an excellent way to avoid both the possibility of hanging on the edges and also to avoid tape pulls.

This is actually the best and most fool-proof method! (thumbs u

The true and absolute fool-proof method would be to not use tape at all. Use the 3M post it flags.

Too late, i have thousands of books already taped shut doh!

I haven't used the skinnier, 1/2 inch ones. They might work ok for poly bags, but don't know about M2s.

They don't work, they let go after time. :(

I'm using the 1-inch ones as well...I do make fold over the Mylite2 first, making a nice crease like a polybag, then ad the Post-It to seal the bag.