• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new guy here, can anyone help?

11 posts in this topic

I used to collect comics when I was younger. Then for some dumb reason I stopped. Then my comics sat in storage for 15 years. Well, tonight I was able to get them back.

So here is my question. Any one have a clue what some of these are worth?

TMNT#6

TMNT Michealangelo

Samurai #1/#2

Whisper#1(First comics)

Whisper#2(Capital comics)

Scout#1-#5(Eclipse)

X-Factor#1-#5(Marvel)

Gi Joe#3,5,7,10,14,21,22,24,29-33,35-50

Shuriken#1,#2

First Adventures#1-5(first comics)

The Badger #7,9,11,12

Transformers #1,#3

I know I have more then this. Just havent found the rest frown.gif

TMNT#6

TMNT Michealangelo

Samurai #1/#2

Whisper#1(First comics)

Whisper#2(Capital comics)

Scout#1-#5(Eclipse)

X-Factor#1-#5(Marvel)

Gi Joe#3,5,7,10,14,21,22,24,29-33,35-50

Shuriken#1,#2

First Adventures#1-5(first comics)

The Badger #7,9,11,12

Transformers #1,#3

Unfortunately, your collection seems to consist of early to mid 80's stuff which are still plentiful in high grade. Offhand, I'd say the G.I. Joe 21 is your best bet. It has the first Storm Shadow and is also a silent issue. It Guides for $25 in NM- (9.2).

The Transformers and early G.I. Joes are good for some interest although they were hotter a couple of years ago.

Joe 21 is your best bet. It has the first Storm Shadow and is also a silent issue. It Guides for $25 in NM- (9.2).

$25 is too low for that book. It's a tough one to come across in my experience. Only mainstream modern book tougher to find is Miracleman #15.

(of course, I'm excluding variants)

Joe 21 is your best bet. It has the first Storm Shadow and is also a silent issue. It Guides for $25 in NM- (9.2).

$25 is too low for that book. It's a tough one to come across in my experience. Only mainstream modern book tougher to find is Miracleman #15.

I am not sure that it is hard to come by, but it is very hard to come by in high grade! I've been looking for a 9.4 or higher copy for quite a while, and they are not easy to find.

With that said, mda, if the one from your list is for sale, shot me a PM.

I am not sure that it is hard to come by, but it is very hard to come by in high grade! I've been looking for a 9.4 or higher copy for quite a while, and they are not easy to find.

With that said, mda, if the one from your list is for sale, shot me a PM.

We're talking Modern books....HG should be inferred. tongue.gif

Thanks for all the insight, everyone.

I knew the Joe #21 was worth a bit more then the rest.

As for the condition of the comics. I would say 95% where bought and put in a backed cover, before they even left the store smile.gif

I may have been young but not stupid.... Ok well I was stupid enough to not buy all the TMNT#1s frown.gif

We're talking Modern books....HG should be inferred. tongue.gif

Well, he may have been very careful with them, but what a non-informed collector calls mint is very easily a CGC 8.5. I have turned brand new books into 8.5 with just one read. And when addressing someone who has been out of comics for 15 years, terms like 9.4 and 9.6 do not mean much. I think someone has to be pretty educated on post-2000 comic grading to understand how prestine a 9.4 or 9.6 really is.

mda, to sell your comics, you're gonna need some scans. Big ones, so people can see the detail really well. I swear, one of these days I'm going to start my grading website, with nice big pictures that show grade examples. Do your comics show any creasing (even a quarter inch by the corner), or any tiny lines by the spine? The smallest of flaws (which most people wouldn't even pay attention to) can reduce a comic's grade from 9.8 to 9.0.