• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collage art

25 posts in this topic

That's neat, but why couldn't someone make there own?

You definitely could, but you'd need the books to cut up and the time and patience to do the cutting, the layout, the canvas, the gluing, the swearing, the cursing... sometimes it's just cheaper (in terms of sanity) to pay for the finished product.

Ahhhhhh not true..... All of these collage pieces could have been made digitally.... easily thru photoshop using the scans from the existing .cbr's that are out there.... printed on giclee at any output size you wanted....

I am in.... and no comic books will be hurt in my process... (thumbs u

Ahhhhhh not true..... All of these collage pieces could have been made digitally.... easily thru photoshop using the scans from the existing .cbr's that are out there.... printed on giclee at any output size you wanted....

Exactly - no need to cut up any books. And you could get the finished item printed fairly cheaply onto canvas.

No disrespect to the physical process of course... Im just saying.... (shrug)

I don't care about.

I just think it would be neat to take a short box of beaters and cut them up and glue them on to a canvas.

I've seen furniture pieces where they were decoupaged with comic pages. I thought those were neat, though I'm not sure where there place in the house would be.

Exactly - no need to cut up any books. And you could get the finished item printed fairly cheaply onto canvas.

And doing it this way you could control lots of other variables like hue, exposure, coloring etc..... I cant wait to attempt this.... hm

No disrespect to the physical process of course... Im just saying.... (shrug)

I don't care about.

I just think it would be neat to take a short box of beaters and cut them up and glue them on to a canvas.

I've seen furniture pieces where they were decoupaged with comic pages. I thought those were neat, though I'm not sure where there place in the house would be.

In the man cave/comic room of course! In all seriousness depending on how it was done these could find a home in any modernistic/urban interior design scheme.....

Actually doing it is "found object art", while doing it digitally is, er, uh, "copyright infringement". :eek:lol

Crazy world we live in. :ohnoez:

Haha. Came here to say this. And report him. :mad:

I really dig the Spider-man piece, though.