• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC, Paradise Comics to Show 'Cerebus' Dave Sim File Copies @ Wizard World East

2 posts in this topic

From Scoop:

During Wizard World Los Angeles, Comics Guaranty (CGC) and Paradise Comics unveiled the first Cerebus the Aardvark #300 (9.8) and the first Cerebus the Aardvark #1 (9.4) to be certified as a Dave Sim File Copy with a Signature Series label. Now, they're offering an encore.

CGC has graded the first ten issues of Cerebus the Aardvark. "We were absolutely blown away by the quality of these copies," said Steve Borock, CGC's Vice-President and Primary Grader. "Dave Sim really knew what he was doing when he filed these away!"

Along with the previously graded Cerebus the Aardvark #1 (9.4) the nine other copies graded out amazingly high: Cerebus the Aardvark #2 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #3 (9.6), Cerebus the Aardvark #4 (9.9 MINT), Cerebus the Aardvark #5 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #6 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #7 (10 GEM MINT), Cerebus the Aardvark #8 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #9 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #10 (9.8).

CGC and Paradise Comics have decided to host another viewing, this time exclusively at Wizard World Philadelphia on May 21, 22 and the 23. "The response to the Cerebus #300 and the Cerebus #1 at Wizard World Los Angeles was amazing. People were getting their pictures taken with them!" said Paradise Comics owner Peter Dixon. "I'm sure everyone is going to go crazy when they see the first ten copies in person. Especially the GEM MINT #7!"

CGC will be at booth number 637. Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to see the highest graded run of Cerebus the Aardvark #1-#10, including the GEM MINT #7! Only at Wizard World Philadelphia, brought to you by CGC and Paradise Comics.

If you are going, please come by and say hello to Peter or myself at the CGC booth this weekend and check these out... I'm looking forwards to seeing them myself!

Just to let you know: Dave is thinking of keeping the 10.0 #7 (which has a fantastic Frank Thorne cover), so Wizard World East and the Toronto Comicon 2004 will be the only places to see this PERFECT copy before it goes back in the Cerebus Archive.

Also at the booth this weekend you can also get a glimpse at the gorgeous original Tim Levins Animated Justice League vs. Animated Teen Titans cover produced exclusively for the Toronto Comicon 2004 program. In all his years working at DC Tim has only done one original cover for them (JL Adventures #19), so this is a rarity, and he has really outdone himself. (Just a note that this year's program is a flip book, with Tim's cover on one side, and a new Dave Sim original Cerebus cover on the other.)

Kevin

From Scoop:

During Wizard World Los Angeles, Comics Guaranty (CGC) and Paradise Comics unveiled the first Cerebus the Aardvark #300 (9.8) and the first Cerebus the Aardvark #1 (9.4) to be certified as a Dave Sim File Copy with a Signature Series label. Now, they're offering an encore.

CGC has graded the first ten issues of Cerebus the Aardvark. "We were absolutely blown away by the quality of these copies," said Steve Borock, CGC's Vice-President and Primary Grader. "Dave Sim really knew what he was doing when he filed these away!"

Along with the previously graded Cerebus the Aardvark #1 (9.4) the nine other copies graded out amazingly high: Cerebus the Aardvark #2 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #3 (9.6), Cerebus the Aardvark #4 (9.9 MINT), Cerebus the Aardvark #5 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #6 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #7 (10 GEM MINT), Cerebus the Aardvark #8 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #9 (9.8), Cerebus the Aardvark #10 (9.8).

CGC and Paradise Comics have decided to host another viewing, this time exclusively at Wizard World Philadelphia on May 21, 22 and the 23. "The response to the Cerebus #300 and the Cerebus #1 at Wizard World Los Angeles was amazing. People were getting their pictures taken with them!" said Paradise Comics owner Peter Dixon. "I'm sure everyone is going to go crazy when they see the first ten copies in person. Especially the GEM MINT #7!"

CGC will be at booth number 637. Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to see the highest graded run of Cerebus the Aardvark #1-#10, including the GEM MINT #7! Only at Wizard World Philadelphia, brought to you by CGC and Paradise Comics.

If you are going, please come by and say hello to Peter or myself at the CGC booth this weekend and check these out... I'm looking forwards to seeing them myself!

Just to let you know: Dave is thinking of keeping the 10.0 #7 (which has a fantastic Frank Thorne cover), so Wizard World East and the Toronto Comicon 2004 will be the only places to see this PERFECT copy before it goes back in the Cerebus Archive.

Also at the booth this weekend you can also get a glimpse at the gorgeous original Tim Levins Animated Justice League vs. Animated Teen Titans cover produced exclusively for the Toronto Comicon 2004 program. In all his years working at DC Tim has only done one original cover for them (JL Adventures #19), so this is a rarity, and he has really outdone himself. (Just a note that this year's program is a flip book, with Tim's cover on one side, and a new Dave Sim original Cerebus cover on the other.)

Kevin

KEWL!!!! thumbsup2.gif

What happened to the original art?