• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - XMEN 3

43 posts in this topic

If you have time please get the notes on this and share. I am assuming there are no cb creases because I know you would of mentioned it. I have spent so many hours studying CGC scans the last few months it would sure sure sure suck if they decided to change their system...

If you have time please get the notes on this and share. I am assuming there are no cb creases because I know you would of mentioned it. I have spent so many hours studying CGC scans the last few months it would sure sure sure suck if they decided to change their system...

OMG!!!! :o

It's so rare that a group of 17 posters on this board would OVERGRADE a book unless there was something that didn't show in a scan. Could there be writing inside, or a small piece missing, or an interior stain??

The concensus was a 9.17 (with my 9.2 assessment). Hard to believe such a pretty copy could have been missed by so much. i agree, please call for graders notes and share (although having been in an old label 9.0 it's highly unlikely there's anything in the interior wrong).

I'm dumbfounded and very disappointed. I was all set to submit my X-Men 1, but this rumored grading rollercoaster has me worried... ???

Well - The results are in.... :boo:

If you think CGC is a grading a little harder right now, I think your right

Photobucket

This WAS a 9.0 Old Label! - Its going to be for sale in the SA section

Oh wow - Old Label 9.0 so my 9.0 guess was right! lmao

I advise you to resubmit. You might get a 9.0 again.

Maybe clean and press...?

Well - The results are in.... :boo:

If you think CGC is a grading a little harder right now, I think your right

Photobucket

This WAS a 9.0 Old Label! - Its going to be for sale in the SA section

Oh wow - Old Label 9.0 so my 9.0 guess was right! lmao

I advise you to resubmit. You might get a 9.0 again.

Maybe clean and press...?

ACES; Curious, have you or anyone else for that matter ever heard of a straight resub of an old label going DOWN 2 GRADES before??? :tonofbricks:

It's so rare that a group of 17 posters on this board would OVERGRADE a book unless there was something that didn't show in a scan. Could there be writing inside, or a small piece missing, or an interior stain??

The concensus was a 9.17 (with my 9.2 assessment). Hard to believe such a pretty copy could have been missed by so much. i agree, please call for graders notes and share (although having been in an old label 9.0 it's highly unlikely there's anything in the interior wrong).

I'm dumbfounded and very disappointed. I was all set to submit my X-Men 1, but this rumored grading rollercoaster has me worried... ???

I just got off the phone with CGC, and the notes state "light staining on front and back cover", and "spine stresses"

I cant find any staining. I dont know what they saw (shrug)

I just got off the phone with CGC, and the notes state "light staining on front and back cover", and "spine stresses"

Again I'd recommend re-submitting. The difference between 8.0/9.0 on this book is a lot.

Who knows...?

Again I'd recommend re-submitting. The difference between 8.0/9.0 on this book is a lot.

Who knows...?

I just spent another 10 minutes minutely going over your nice scans. I've tipped the laptop every whichway but Sunday and just can't see a hint of any stains on either cover.

I would ask for the graders notes on the original label to see what they said. would be pretty interesting if they missed it the first time around. do they use infrared or blacklights to spot things that can't be seen with the naked eye??

This sux... :(

Who knows...?

I just spent another 10 minutes minutely going over your nice scans. I've tipped the laptop every whichway but Sunday and just can't see a hint of any stains on either cover.

I would ask for the graders notes on the original label to see what they said. would be pretty interesting if they missed it the first time around. do they use infrared or blacklights to spot things that can't be seen with the naked eye??

Thats exactly what i've been thinking. They must've started using black lights to find stains that are completely invisible to the naked eye. Or maybe they got a new grader that has something wrong with his eyes and is causing him to see blurry "stain" spots that arn't really there. Cataracts? :shrug:

Who knows...?

Thats exactly what i've been thinking. They must've started using black lights to find stains that are completely invisible to the naked eye. Or maybe they got a new grader that has something wrong with his eyes and is causing him to see blurry "stain" spots that arn't really there. Cataracts? :shrug:

In all seriousness, i really hope they never do that - use technology to look for faults. If they can't be seen by the humam eye they shouldn't be noted. A bit OT bit my 2c

Who knows...?

In all seriousness, i really hope they never do that - use technology to look for faults. If they can't be seen by the humam eye they shouldn't be noted. A bit OT bit my 2c

Yea, hopefully not. That would seem a little unfair.

Next thing you know they'll be using microscopes to see how the fibers of the paper are holding up.

been thinking of resubmitting my #3 for a while now. this gives me 2nd thoughts...

X-Men3CGC80-1.jpg

I'd be scared sh%$#$ss if I were you. This is a lovely copy that looks 8.0-8.5 (based on FC Scan), but the OP's copy looked 9.2 - 9.4 and we can't figure out what the heck happened given a 2 grade drop from a previously old label graded book.

I know the notes reference stains on both covers but no one has claimed to have seen them yet... :insane: AND one can only assume that CGC missed the phantom stains the first time around... :o

I'm curious to know whether you cracked it open out of the old label and then submitted it. Or did you buy it that way?. I'll tell you this much: Your copy is far superior to mine and mine got an 8.5 from CGC. Of course I submitted it way back in 2004. It was one of the first three books I ever sumbitted to CGC.

SLR

I'm curious to know whether you cracked it open out of the old label and then submitted it. Or did you buy it that way?. I'll tell you this much: Your copy is far superior to mine and mine got an 8.5 from CGC. Of course I submitted it way back in 2004. It was one of the first three books I ever sumbitted to CGC.

SLR

I cracked it and sent it in myself. I'm going to crack it again and see if I can find the stains they are talking about