• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this foxing?

8 posts in this topic

I just won an auction over at Heritage and just noticed this now that I'm viewing the book on my larger PC monitor versus the little screen on my IPad.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121204&lotNo=11247&lotIdNo=26041#Photo

It's on the top left corner of the book. I'm wondering if this is something that occurred after the 9.2 grade was assigned. How big of hit is this normally on the grade anyway?

Forgot about this thread. Just to update everyone, it does appear to be overspray now that

I have the book in hand and can examine it better. The color of the dots match the color of the distributor mark on the book's edge. Even on the edge, there seems to a spray pattern of dots. The sprayer was probably running out of ink when this stack of books got marked. Other than the colors looking like it's a little oversatuated on the cover, this is a really nice book. Had one years ago, but it was sold off along with the rest of my old collection.