• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 6 [sold!] and All-American 30, price reduced again

7 posts in this topic

SOLD! - Green Lantern 6. I grade this as a VG/Fine, although I'm pretty sure it was sold to me as a Fine and, honestly, I've seen plenty of CGC'd GA fines that look like this. The 2010 Overstreet has this at $612.50 in VG/Fine, 2011 is probably a little more no doubt. I had asked for $535 here last year. It was marked at $425 when I bought this 15 years ago (though I am sure I haggled it down). I would like $420 for it now for a quick sale as I'd rather sell here than on ebay.

The $420 includes U.S. shipping (Foreign will be at cost + insurance to regular boardies here). I am pretty confident this book doesn't have any work on it (and have had a couple of dealers take a look at it...although I'm not sure they're any better at spotting this stuff than I am), but if you send it to CGC and it comes back from CGC as a PLOD I will, of course, take the book back for a refund plus $40 toward the CGC cost. Although I would appreciate it if you think I'm wrong about resto upon your visual inspection that you just return it so we don't have to spend money on CGC.

gl6.jpg

gl6back.jpg

OK, that worked out, so let's try another:

All-American Comics 30, featuring the original Green Lantern, Doiby Dickles and lots more. I grade this as a VG/Fine (5.0). The 2011 Overstreet has this at $515. As I am in a 30% off frame of mind, I would like $360 for this gem, which includes insured priority mail shipping and the same $40 credit toward CGC fees if this comes back restored, etc. as the Green Lantern 6. I purchased this from the same dealer as the GL 6, from whom I had purchased a bunch of GA books from in the 1996-1999 timeframe, most of which have been sold by me with nobody coming back to me and telling me there was any resto done. I'm pretty confident this book is clean, if someone had played with it they would have CT'd some of those missing color flecks I'd think. Clearly there is a grease pencil mark that looks to have been partially erased, but clearly not CT'd over as you can see it still. I do not think that would count as resto.

all30.jpg

all30back.jpg