• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thundercats - Canadian Variant (?)

7 posts in this topic

Hi, gang. Ran across an interesting item when flipping through some of my long boxes today. I hadn't looked through some of them in a long time, and saw Thundercats #1 w/ 75 cents price (no date under the 1) and the Star! logo in the UPC box. I also have #4 and #6. All w/ 2 copies each.

Are these "rare" or "scarce"? Any particular value to them? I would say they range from 9.4 - 9.8 condition. GPA provided no insight.

Thanks in advance,

Eggman

The best discussion you'll find regarding Canadian cover price books can be found in Doug Sulipa's OS market reports over the past 2-3 years. Also, there was a large article on cover price variants a couple of years ago in OS. (2010?)

If the 75c is in Marvel 'M' symbol under the Thundercats logo, then it is the 2nd printing of issue 1. If the 75c is in a square with 'Dec' written underneath the price, then that seems to be the Canadian price variant.

Hope that helps.

Waylander

Thanks, ya'll. It looks like it is indeed the 2nd print. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. So that begs a couple of follow-up questions:

Scarcer than the 1st print (ie harder to find?)

How much do they go for relative to the 1st print (ie more or less - and by how much)?

Thanks again,

Eggman