• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your Opinions on Auction Sites Other than Ebay?

29 posts in this topic

It only took him half the night and posting in the wrong subforum 3 times to figure out where to post.

I think he was just trying to create buzz about Power Pack.

I wonder if it's the same kid from a show I was set up in the early 90s in NYC. He comes up to the table twice asking if I had any Power Pack books(I didn't) and then 5 minutes later this kid comes up to the table wearing a sweatshirt with hoodie to cover most of his face. In a(n attempted) deep voice he asks me "Want to buy some Power Packs?". I told him I knew it was the same kid who just asked me twice.

He was so good I almost bought the books anyway but instead I hired him. He's been my best salesman for years.

:acclaim:

You guys did such good job at keeping that thread at the top that I decided to sign up for the auctions.

You guys did a better job at publicizing his site than he ever did.

Any publicity is good publicity!

Enjoy paying that $5 handling and packing fee, along with whatever UPS charges to ship.

Well, on topic actually...really wish there was a good eBay auction alternative, but really the third party comic sales sites (Heritage, ComicLink, Pedigree, QualityComix, HighGradeComics, etc) is really all I would use.

General auction sites don't have enough traffic to justify using them so stick to the comic sites collectors do and you'll be targeting your audience more effectively.

It only took him half the night and posting in the wrong subforum 3 times to figure out where to post.

I think he was just trying to create buzz about Power Pack.

I wonder if it's the same kid from a show I was set up in the early 90s in NYC. He comes up to the table twice asking if I had any Power Pack books(I didn't) and then 5 minutes later this kid comes up to the table wearing a sweatshirt with hoodie to cover most of his face. In a(n attempted) deep voice he asks me "Want to buy some Power Packs?". I told him I knew it was the same kid who just asked me twice.

He was so good I almost bought the books anyway but instead I hired him. He's been my best salesman for years.

:acclaim:

:facepalm:

I use eBay on a daily basis to track what is new and hunt for deals.

I participate in Comiclink with each of their auctions.

I usually cross reference both of these as I am buying or bidding.

I occasionally look through Comic Connect / Metropolis and occasionally buy through them. Lately I have felt that their books are overgraded.

I occasionally look through Heritage but have never won anything with them.

Pedigree, QualityComix, HighGradeComics? I have never used them.