• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your Opinions on Auction Sites Other than Ebay?

29 posts in this topic

I was in the middle of the thread and it got zapped. What a rip off. That guy used the "I guess I am going to take my ball [zhitty comics] and go home" technique like a real expert. It felt like maybe he was really going to melt down. Did he?

Silly mods. Ruining my Friday CG perusal.

Quick recap for those of use who were working?

Some person came on the boards advertising his auction site in general and other locations instead of the appropriate spot for it and then called the people that said something about it elitists and he was going to throw his comics out.

Some person came on the boards advertising his auction site in general and other locations instead of the appropriate spot for it and then called the people that said something about it elitists and he was going to throw his comics out.

I must have missed that thread. Did anyone get his address so when he throws his books out someone can claim them?

DR.X

I must have missed that thread. Did anyone get his address so when he throws his books out someone can claim them?

DR.X

Collect A Bid .com the name was Steve from MO, and yes he did attempt to walk on fire. Appears he has succumed to listing in the right section. He does have a killer Power Pack collection (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5403451#Post5403451

No, but he did end some of his posts with his phone number: (816) 507-9121. I'd probably use *67 if you try to call him :)

It only took him half the night and posting in the wrong subforum 3 times to figure out where to post.

I think he was just trying to create buzz about Power Pack.

You guys jumped on him pretty quick. He's selling off some killer books.

51.jpg

It only took him half the night and posting in the wrong subforum 3 times to figure out where to post.

I think he was just trying to create buzz about Power Pack.

I wonder if it's the same kid from a show I was set up in the early 90s in NYC. He comes up to the table twice asking if I had any Power Pack books(I didn't) and then 5 minutes later this kid comes up to the table wearing a sweatshirt with hoodie to cover most of his face. In a(n attempted) deep voice he asks me "Want to buy some Power Packs?". I told him I knew it was the same kid who just asked me twice.

He was so good I almost bought the books anyway but instead I hired him. He's been my best salesman for years.