• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 Pagers revisited

108 posts in this topic

There are 115 different DC 100 page issues spanning more than 18 titles over 5 years. As of March 2, 2004, 1,062 unrestored 100 pagers have been submitted to CGC. The average 2004 Overstreet 9.2 value for these is $70.

Compare these stats to Wolverine #1, 1,592 CGC submissions, Overstreet 9.2 value of $40, and Amazing Spider-man #300. 1,469 CGC submissions, Overstreet 9.2 value of $90.

I guess my question is, are high grade DC 100 pagers scarce, can't get no respect, or what? 115 different issues with a TOTAL of 1,062 submissions, compared to 1,592 & 1,469 submissions respectively for just ONE issue.

Huh?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ice, although I respect your admiration of these books (hey, I like 'em too) the fact is, most of these books are not mainstream OR key books like the others you mentioned. Furthermore, unlike the other books, these 100 pagers are not "investment worthy" unless they are in super high grade, unlike the others that are in demand in much lessor grades. Sorry to say, this comparison is like apples to oranges and the same comparison can be made between hundreds of others books with the same results. -------Sid

Good points, G.

I guess this means that Greggy is an even bigger insufficiently_thoughtful_person than I am.

27_laughing.gif

On the contrary actually. It is all about supply and demand. There is huge supply AND huge demand for a book like ASM #300 in hi-grade. There is small supply and small demand for high-grade 100 pagers, comparitavely speaking. So it all pretty much evens out, more or less. However, I would rather have a book that is more rare, with some interest, than a book that is very common with alot of interest. I also believe that a book like your typical hi-grade 100 pager will hold it's value more than a common book. And if there is ever a "crash" you'll see those ASM 300s coming down alot faster and more than your DC 100 pagers.

With all that said, it appears that most people think a 100-pager in less than VF+ is pretty much junk (with a few exceptions). I have bought many for $3-10 each. You'll never find an ASM #300 anywhere near that price unless it was just thrashed, or around a Good - . ------Sid

There are 115 different DC 100 page issues spanning more than 18 titles over 5 years. As of March 2, 2004, 1,062 unrestored 100 pagers have been submitted to CGC. The average 2004 Overstreet 9.2 value for these is $70.

Compare these stats to Wolverine #1, 1,592 CGC submissions, Overstreet 9.2 value of $40, and Amazing Spider-man #300. 1,469 CGC submissions, Overstreet 9.2 value of $90.

I guess my question is, are high grade DC 100 pagers scarce, can't get no respect, or what? 115 different issues with a TOTAL of 1,062 submissions, compared to 1,592 & 1,469 submissions respectively for just ONE issue.

Huh?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had an Unexpected 162 (100pager) that was truly CGC NM capable---until I accidentally ripped the cover putting it into a bag that wasn't prepared for its.....size.

What kind of freakin monster bags you need to put these in---GA?!?

I had an Unexpected 162 (100pager) that was truly CGC NM capable---until I accidentally ripped the cover putting it into a bag that wasn't prepared for its.....size.

Silver bags usually work for me. But even at that, if the book isn't squared you might need one of the larger brands of silver bags. Not all bags are equal in size. But even so, how in the heck did you rip the book? I encounter books that won't fit all the time, but I've never come anywhere near damaging one trying to squeeze it in. ------Sid

Good points, G.

I guess this means that Greggy is an even bigger insufficiently_thoughtful_person than I am.

27_laughing.gif

Nope...I go for the quality and not the quantity! 893blahblah.gif

P.S. Why don't you grade your copies or are you afraid that they may not be as nice as you think? tongue.gif

Huh?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ummm...that's what mylars are for sucka. You lucky I bailed you out!

FYI, got these lame grades for my "modern" CGC onsite grading! 893frustrated.gif

Flash 232 9.4 White

House of Mystery 229 9.0 OWW

Justice League of America 116 9.2 OWW

Superman Family 168 9.4 OWW

Tarzan 235 9.2 OWW

Worlds Finest 228 9.4 OWW and 228 9.4 OWW.

Damn Paul and his modern way of thinking! frown.gif

Actually, I got that issue AFTER I bought yours. And no nasty distributor ink on the back either, AND White pages 893frustrated.gif It had 4 sharp corners. At least 9.4.... 893censored-thumb.gif

The sad thing is that the book WAS in a mylar, I was trying to save a couple of 893censored-thumb.gif dollars before I sent it in...

So I take it you store your RAW 100 pagers in GA mylars?

Actually, I got that issue AFTER I bought yours. And no nasty distributor ink on the back either, AND White pages 893frustrated.gif It had 4 sharp corners. At least 9.4.... 893censored-thumb.gif

The sad thing is that the book WAS in a mylar, I was trying to save a couple of 893censored-thumb.gif dollars before I sent it in...

I store ALL my 100 pagers in 7.75 Mylars (Standard or Silver?). I always send them in the bags that they are in! That's where my 9.6 copy resided in years! cloud9.gif

I store ALL my 100 pagers in 7.75 Mylars (Standard or Silver?). I always send them in the bags that they are in! That's where my 9.6 copy resided in years! cloud9.gif

Give me the link of who you buy your mylars from. The bag I was putting my book in was supposedly compatible with books "1965-present". Even the 52 page books don't fit relatively well. Gonna call the LCS and 893censored-thumb.gif give them a piece of my mind! 893censored-thumb.gif

Give me the link of who you buy your mylars from. The bag I was putting my book in was supposedly compatible with books "1965-present". Even the 52 page books don't fit relatively well. Gonna call the LCS and 893censored-thumb.gif give them a piece of my mind! 893censored-thumb.gif

I always buy Gerber's stuff. The size that I use is 775R Archives - Supply 623. However, I tend to use a smaller backing board with my mylars (6.75 inches), as I like to put them at the centerfold for non-squarebounds. Maybe that's why my 100 pagers fit better. You aren't using mylars sized 7.25? 893whatthe.gif

You aren't using mylars sized 7.25? 893whatthe.gif

OK, I killed a perfectly good book, and I will need to be pardoned from my sin. So, "DC 100 Pagers for Dummies" states that I must use mylars sized 7.25?

Any other words of wisdom other than leave the 893censored-thumb.gif book alone so it can get to CGC in one 893censored-thumb.gif piece 893frustrated.gif

You aren't using mylars sized 7.25? 893whatthe.gif

OK, I killed a perfectly good book, and I will need to be pardoned from my sin. So, "DC 100 Pagers for Dummies" states that I must use mylars sized 7.25?

Any other words of wisdom other than leave the 893censored-thumb.gif book alone so it can get to CGC in one 893censored-thumb.gif piece 893frustrated.gif

No, 7.25 mylars are useless really. 7.75 is the ideal size. cloud9.gif

hey greggy i always wondered why you put the board inside.... confused-smiley-013.gif
Just want to see the back cover for non-squarebounds. This is only for my mylar books. You don't like it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Huh?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FYI, got these lame grades for my "modern" CGC onsite grading! 893frustrated.gif

Flash 232 9.4 White

Tarzan 235 9.2 OWW

sleeping.gif

Huh?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Flash 232 9.4 White

Tarzan 235 9.2 OWW

sleeping.gif
Screw you Diesel! insane.gif