• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To resub or not to resub this Marvel KEY

44 posts in this topic

.....how large is the missing piece. In a case like this, I agree with Jeff, why bother if you're keeping it? If selling, I would resub it if for no other reason than to take a digital pick of the missing piece to include in the listing for marketing purposes. There's NO way that book will come back less than a 6.5. You should certainly give the boards a first shot, many of us will be more likely to pay the premium than a typical eBayer....we already know how awesome your books are. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....how large is the missing piece. In a case like this, I agree with Jeff, why bother if you're keeping it? If selling, I would resub it if for no other reason than to take a digital pick of the missing piece to include in the listing for marketing purposes. There's NO way that book will come back less than a 6.5. You should certainly give the boards a first shot, many of us will be more likely to pay the premium than a typical eBayer....we already know how awesome your books are. GOD BLESS...

Thanks to everyone who has expressed their thoughts... (thumbs u

I kinda like Jimbo's idea of cracking it out, getting a pic of the last page and then resubbing...

If it comes back the same, I'm out some bucks but if they view that type of defect a bit more leniently these days, then I could be way ahead. I'm almost certain that I'll be letting it go... :cry:

For what it is worth, my reading of the boards is that CGC has tightened up a bit of late. Lots of threads and posts about books coming back lower than expected. I am not against resubmitting the book per se, but would now really be a good time to do it with CGC trending towards stricter grading? I am sure someone with more experience can speak from personal experience, but the posts lately would suggest some delay might be in order :shrug:

For what it is worth, my reading of the boards is that CGC has tightened up a bit of late. Lots of threads and posts about books coming back lower than expected. I am not against resubmitting the book per se, but would now really be a good time to do it with CGC trending towards stricter grading? I am sure someone with more experience can speak from personal experience, but the posts lately would suggest some delay might be in order :shrug:

:popcorn:

Whatever the grading environment is right now, by the time the book is actually being graded, it will be different.

Unless he does express I suppose.

well that would just be my luck...Don't think I ever made a dime net on three houses I've sold over the past 16 years. My timing ain't exactly great.

Having said that Namisgr mentions in the Sid's thread that he has recently resubbed one of my old MIS books and it took a grade bump up to a 9.0 with no manipulation...

So, who knows... ???

Whatever the grading environment is right now, by the time he gets the book back it will be different.

Good point with the turnaround time...didn't even factor that in when I was hit by the idea above. hm

Just reach out to Ryan Elliot with PGX and I am sure he could send it to the right coast (dad's garage) and press the book, then send it back to himself on the left coast (mom's basement) and get this encased as a PGX 9.2. You might make like $13K+ in profits then. I mean if he can do it with an Avengers 4 from an 8.5 to a 9.6 he can do it with any book!!!

:sorry:

:makepoint:

:facepalm:

Just reach out to Ryan Elliot with PGX and I am sure he could send it to the right coast (dad's garage) and press the book, then send it back to himself on the left coast (mom's basement) and get this encased as a PGX 9.2. You might make like $13K+ in profits then. I mean if he can do it with an Avengers 4 from an 8.5 to a 9.6 he can do it with any book!!!

Of course you may also get a slab back with the Golden Record Reprint placed in the slab and returned to the sender instead. :juggle:

Of course you may also get a slab back with the Golden Record Reprint placed in the slab and returned to the sender instead. :juggle:

True, very true. But it will be a sharp looking 9.2 Golden Record Reprint of your book. :ohnoez:

Thanks to everyone who has expressed their thoughts... (thumbs u

I kinda like Jimbo's idea of cracking it out, getting a pic of the last page and then resubbing...

If it comes back the same, I'm out some bucks but if they view that type of defect a bit more leniently these days, then I could be way ahead. I'm almost certain that I'll be letting it go... :cry:

....you might be able to get 6K on the boards as is.....it's obviously MUCH nicer than a 6.5 and someone else may want to take the gamble of a resub. It IS a perfectly centered copy which is unusual for a JIM 83.....they're usually missing half the CCA stamp. GOD BLESS...

Whatever the grading environment is right now, by the time he gets the book back it will be different.

Good point with the turnaround time...didn't even factor that in when I was hit by the idea above. hm

This book won't slip through the cracks as an Economy sub. Turnaround time won't be a factor in grading it.

Out of curiosity when resubmitting a book, do you remove it from the shell or send it down in the slab and have CGC remove the book?

Out of curiosity when resubmitting a book, do you remove it from the shell or send it down in the slab and have CGC remove the book?

I wouldn't necessarily want them to know it's a resub - they might want to remain perfectly consistent... :/

I also want to see what this large missing piece looks like and just how big it actually is.

For a hundred bucks (or whatever the cost is) it's worth a shot at being worth $2-3k or more....plus I don't think they do label notes any more, which would also help the value.

Is that the price jump of a JIM from 6.5 to 7.0? :o

Yep. Last 6.5 sales were around $4500 and the last few 7.0 sales were around $7000.

That's just silliness.

I wouldn't necessarily want them to know it's a resub - they might want to remain perfectly consistent... :/

I also want to see what this large missing piece looks like and just how big it actually is.

You don't remember the tragedy that befell that page?!? Think it got any art with it?

Heck, you might as well crack it right now!! :idea: