• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC case opening?

8 posts in this topic

I have a couple early X-Men books that do that; the difference b/w a case that is loosening and a case that has been tampered with is rather obvious. I would not fret (even though it probably should have been noted if it is severe). I defer to the better judgment of my friend, oakman29, however - he has much nicer books!

Are the corner posts broken? If not then everything is good. (thumbs u

Corner posts are rather meaningless as well. As long as the interior well is intact AND the label weld is not compromised in any way, it's safe to conclude that it hasn't been swapped out.

The cases themselves aren't hermetically sealed in any shape or form and actually have gaps, which is acceptable. The comic itself is in its own archival encapsulated sheet. The grading label will require splitting the top portion of the case and will result in evidence of tampering.