• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2002 - Year in Review

163 posts in this topic

2002 – The Year in Review

Following is a collaboration between rickdogg and I regarding what we felt was the highlights and lowlights of the year. Initially, there were more entries but because Arch has “pussified” us recently, I have made the decision to leave certain entries out! frown.gif

Disclaimer: All the following entries are the express opinions of rickdogg and I. Most are made in jest so relax if you feel that you are being picked on! tongue.gif

Fastest return to the penalty box: rickdogg (less than 7 hours from being released)

Fastest known trip to the penalty box: Bugaboo (19 days from initial registration)

#1 Tool: CGCMint

#1 Weirdo: jens25e

Most likely to bid on an eBay item: bonds25

Cheapest b*stard (oops Arch): Tie between gman and murph0

Biggest dink(s): Procrustean/Pulp Fiction/gaak

Top speller(s): Tie between prestinemint and ablue

Most likely to edit a post: ablue (one was done 4 days later!)

Most confused collectors: 1)chrisfuccione

2) snizzenfixit

Poster with the highest listed prices: bronzebruce13

Poster with the highest unlisted prices: gman

Most likely to post a post in essay format: comicwiz

Most likely to market spam: gman

Most pessimistic: comicinvestor

#1 married couple: shuley76 and gman

City with the most animosity between the collectors: Boston area – Shuley76, cgcfan, gman and mudbuddha

Most likely to bid and not pay: spidermanbeyond

#1 brown noser: blowout

#1 bidder who needs to stand up for himself better: ablue

Most likely to get a 10.0: Darthdiesel

Most likely to snipe greggy: sullypython

Most unlikely to get a deal from me: Tie between gman and sullypython

Avatar which best matches the poster’s attitude: comicinvestor

Most likely to brag: delekkerste

Most likely to pass as Jesus: snizzenfixit

Most likely to pass as a female: supapimp

Most likely to cross-dress: fantastic-four (magneto helmut)

Most likely to come out of the closet: Dungeon

Most likely to buy an over graded book: Scottish

Biggest punk still attending school: MajorKhaos

Biggest punk not attending school: Bugaboo

Poster most likely to take things too seriously: The_Man_of_Steel

Poster most likely to get married for a green card: jens25e

Biggest mystery: 1) Who is toomuchgrowth?

2) Who is wahoo_fury?

#1 mystery confirmed while in the penalty box: Procrustean = Pulp Fiction = gaak

#1 exchange of the year: Meth offering supapimp $50,000 to meet him for a fight!

Fastest complete threads to get pulled: 1) Jens donate stars AKA CI - Nazi thread

2) Comic-keys has a posse thread

*Both pulled within hours of being started!

And last but not least, the coinees that rickdogg have punked out:

1) Braddick

2) Jeh46544

3) Gmarquili

4) Architecht

Feel free to add any comments you may feel appropriate!

These comments come with a similar disclaimer to greggy's - they are in jest smile.gif sorta shocked.gif

Most likely to bid on any sort of bendable Wonder Woman product - greggy smile.gif

Most likely to turn his car into a "robot in disguise" - rickdogg

Most likely to study taxidermy - CI (quotes such as "that horse don't run" smile.gif )

Biggest Marvel Zombie - Murph0 by a hair

Biggest ASM Zombie - Murph0 by a freakin' landslide smile.gif

1 most likely 2 use abbr. 2 point w/ u can't tell w.t.f. he's saying - odin88

Most likely to whistle at a comic and call her a "hottie" - supapimp

Most frightening ability to write in "Stan Lee" prose - fantastic four "Bow down, wretched mortal, and gaze at the magnificence of superior"

Easily the most likely to himself laughing at the mere sight of the words " superior" - rickdogg grin.gif

Only 1980s alternative publisher collector - me frown.gif apparently crazy.gif

- Anybody out there have any Gobbledygooks (vol. 1)?

I think you have a lot of enemies now, greggy! (Not me though.)

But better don´t let my girlfriend hear that "get married for greencard" thing. That would surely hurt her. frown.gif

Besides that I have been together with her before I started collecting comics.

Fastest known trip to the penalty box: Bugaboo (19 days from initial registration)

Biggest punk not attending school: Bugaboo

Now wait just a DAMN minute! mad.gif ..............no........actually.......heh heh........those are both true. crazy.gif

Poster most likely to punch you in the throat if you take a Marvel Team-Up or Marvel 2-in-1 that he needs: rickdogg

Poster most likely to staple some used butt paper together and try to convince you to take it as a lesser condition alternative to that strict NM book you are looking for: greggy tongue.gif

Poster most likely to get into a graemlin war with you in the forum: Bachelor of Comics

Poster most likely to tattle like a 5 year old girl: Meth/Hammer

Runner up in the category directly above: a few select coin dinks (none of the regular ones in here though).

Poster that seems like the biggest person_too_unaware_of_social_graces to a newbie and then funny as after you get used to him (if you're not on his bad side): MajorKhaos

tongue.gif

Poster with the highest listed prices: bronzebruce13

lol... Dooooh! tongue.gif ... I know you're having fun with this, but let me say in my defense...

at least I try and list a price to start from (much like dealer websites). Most people don't/won't, and then bash you over the head privately with their asking pricescrazy.gif (where no one else can hear and mock them)... or... they only field offers privately so it's easier to bat them away until their equally optimistic price is approached.

Since I have not sold on Ebay for well over a year now, and only sell/deal privately, I've found it's better to post a "slightly jacked up" price (as I did at the marketplace in the past) and on my "Underground HG CGC List" I send out to my customers and "expect" the informed, serious potential buyers to negotiate down automatically. Padding books with a "buffer zone" that is often slashed at off the bat, usually leaves both sides closer to where they will deal (in my experience anyway). It also saves time by weeding out the "pretenders" who only want to flirt with the idea of buying... and lets the habitual bargain hunters and "flippers" know that the book will likely be sold to someone who is a collector (fan of the book) and will pay a fair market price (as best as that can be established). I don't intend to have my pocket picked for resale so someone else can profit on it immediately. Buyers who come to the table with intelligent, convincing arguments based on real data, trends, and reasonable speculation to contest my "ask prices" often end up with the book... if they are looking for it for their collection, and not resale.

Most of my list prices were not what I expect (or sold/traded the books for). When "almost" anyone enters into a serious discussion to obtain a book from me... I'm one of the most flexible and reasonable people to deal with... (if I do say so myself) laugh.gif and I'll also look at other creative ways to make the deal happen, especially if its a book that means something to the buyer. People I deal with frequently get the best deals and opportunities... as it should be.

You'll never know until you inquire seriously about a book I have... you might be surprised. shocked.gif

I remember good will bestowed upon me and return serve. wink.gif You actually should Greg, as I had/have it in my mind to hook you up for not trying to "bleed" me for the Hulk 141 9.6 I wanted for my collection. I paid a price I was just happy with.. and probably would not have paid more... (thus losing it if you were looking to squeeze an extra $50-$100 out of it... which was possible). I intend to put a book you want in your hands at some point at cost, or a price you'll be happy with... It will be easier if you supply me with CGC key want list I could work on though? wink.gif

Yo, relax! Actually most of this was rickdogg's list. I was supposed to refine it a little bit more but procrastinated just a little too much. BTW, where's my MTU 1 CGC 9.4 - White......CHEAP! tongue.gif