• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2002 - Year in Review

163 posts in this topic

"Most likely to snipe greggy: sullypython "

He used to snipe me a lot as well, he had a great eye for comics :grin:

Back in the day, if he was bidding on an item you might as well give up.

I know, he was an animal. Joe Serpico was another one that used to outbid me all the time on high grade DCs.

There were monsters on ebay back then. Back when you saw who was bidding on what, and when ebay was actually an auction site.

Anyone remember that JGreen dude who was outbidding everyone on nearly every Showcase New England lot for a period of time?

Greggy, you remember that?

He bought my "Savage Sword of Conan" 1 CGC 9.8 for a little over 2 grand :o on Ebay. I actually talked to him a couple of times on the phone, really gracious man, super polite and a real comic enthusiast. He was a victim of a lot of "punishment" bidding :(

"Most likely to snipe greggy: sullypython "

He used to snipe me a lot as well, he had a great eye for comics :grin:

Back in the day, if he was bidding on an item you might as well give up.

I know, he was an animal. Joe Serpico was another one that used to outbid me all the time on high grade DCs.

There were monsters on ebay back then. Back when you saw who was bidding on what, and when ebay was actually an auction site.

Anyone remember that JGreen dude who was outbidding everyone on nearly every Showcase New England lot for a period of time?

Greggy, you remember that?

He bought my "Savage Sword of Conan" 1 CGC 9.8 for a little over 2 grand :o on Ebay. I actually talked to him a couple of times on the phone, really gracious man, super polite and a real comic enthusiast. He was a victim of a lot of "punishment" bidding :(

I remember the punishment bids. He would put monstrous bids in early, and people would poke and poke. Some ended up having to pay, but I'm pretty sure that dude paid thousands of dollars more for his books than he would have otherwise.