• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 242

197 posts in this topic

The thread for this awesome book has lain fallow for far too long.

Here's my entry to the club.

AC242f_zpsqvbp15iz.jpg

I picked it up two years ago at one of my LCS' auctions. This was from an original owner collection, chock full of ten cent Superman books. Most of them were pretty beat up, but the AC242 was one of the better books!

It's definitely one of the gems of my collection.

The thread for this awesome book has lain fallow for far too long.

Here's my entry to the club.

AC242f_zpsqvbp15iz.jpg

I picked it up two years ago at one of my LCS' auctions. This was from an original owner collection, chock full of ten cent Superman books. Most of them were pretty beat up, but the AC242 was one of the better books!

It's definitely one of the gems of my collection.

Nice!

And thanks for using the word fallow. I had to look that one up.

Great cover. How many classic comics can boast vivid red, purple and yellow on one awesome cover. :cloud9:

Not to mention that it's the first debut issue of an a-lister Superman villian where they managed to make the cover!

No offense to the Toyman or the Prankster, but they just don't play in the same league as Brainiac.

It's a shame that both Lex Luthor and Mr. Mxytplk have their first appearance in a comic where they aren't on the cover.

I have a chance to get a CBCS 3.0 copy of this book and was curious what a fair price would be?

He is asking $1K but guessing that number isn't to firm and could come down with cash in hand.

I also know it's really hard to value anything you can't see but just hoping for a ballpark price.

Really wanting to score a copy of this classic book and congrats to all that already have one!

Looking good!

I updated my PGM thread after I got my copy of AC242 back from CGC, but figured I'd post it here too in case people don't wander over to that sub-forum.

My book came back a 5.5!! Couldn't be more thrilled.

IMG_3415_zpsu1tgreli.jpg