• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 242

197 posts in this topic

Wow! What a grade...congrats!

Just won a 7.0 on ebay (OW) and will show it this week when it arrives. :whee:

Wow, moving on up! That makes 3 copies, yes?? Someone else has caught 242 fever lol

K, You're still the 242 king (worship) as my 6.5 and 5.0 are now for sale. I am 242 poor at the moment.

I'll post the 7.0 when I get it. It did not come cheap.

Amazing, a 6.5 and 7.0 came up for sale on ebay in the past few weeks. Of course, we may not see another nice copy for years. (shrug)

Yes, I'm a 242 fanatic too! :gossip:

But if a 7.5 or 8.0 (the only one) surfaces, I hope you get them. You deserve them! (thumbs u

You two are both the 242 kings in my book (worship)

I appreciate the sentiment gentlemen but that title belongs to the owner of this beauty:

action242.jpg

They should charge admission at Bedrock to hold this book. Seeing it for the first time in person is one of my fondest memories of collecting comic books. :cloud9:

But if a 7.5 or 8.0 (the only one) surfaces, I hope you get them. You deserve them! (thumbs u

Wow only 1 7.5 and 1 8.0 along with the 2 8.5s. Rare indeed.

I thought there was only 1 8.5 out there. (shrug)

I dodn't think I ever posted my copy. I got it from ebay in the early days

action242.jpg

That presents nicely... I'd guess a 3.5 if you were to send it in. :)

Wow! What a grade...congrats!

Just won a 7.0 on ebay (OW) and will show it this week when it arrives. :whee:

Wow, moving on up! That makes 3 copies, yes?? Someone else has caught 242 fever lol

K, You're still the 242 king (worship) as my 6.5 and 5.0 are now for sale. I am 242 poor at the moment.

I'll post the 7.0 when I get it. It did not come cheap.

Amazing, a 6.5 and 7.0 came up for sale on ebay in the past few weeks. Of course, we may not see another nice copy for years. (shrug)

Yes, I'm a 242 fanatic too! :gossip:

You two are both the 242 kings in my book (worship)

I appreciate the sentiment gentlemen but that title belongs to the owner of this beauty:

action242.jpg

They should charge admission at Bedrock to hold this book. Seeing it for the first time in person is one of my fondest memories of collecting comic books. :cloud9:

lol ... true!

Wow only 1 7.5 and 1 8.0 along with the 2 8.5s. Rare indeed.

I thought there was only 1 8.5 out there. (shrug)

no, there are 2. The one that was ebay-ed off way back when and Mr. Bedrock's in this thread.

Thanks and to his credit, I think he nailed it perfectly in his description. If I remember correctly he graded it as a VG/F with Off-White (?) pages...

I saved a little by doing the deal outside of eBay and he assured me that it would be shipped from the UK well protected, which it was!

:)

And I guess it's official now! :banana::whee::banana:

action242.jpg

(I hope that's a big scratch on their scanner! :eek: )

A big congrats to you (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

action242.jpg

Richard, just looking at this thread this morning got me thinking - do you have enough HG key/early SA DCs in your collection to do a group display like you have done with your amazing Timelys and Supes in the past?

Richard, just looking at this thread this morning got me thinking - do you have enough HG key/early SA DCs in your collection to do a group display like you have done with your amazing Timelys and Supes in the past?

Not really. I only have about 25 or 30 silver age DC hero books. And most of those aren't keys, just covers that I like. I could do a pretty good group shot of ten cent DC war, and I will soon for the war thread. And I have some nice early Strange Adventures and Mystery in Space. But there isn't much demand for a DC Sci Fi display. The hero books, just not that many of them.

This the kind of DC hero book that I like...

detective239.jpg

Nice book! Even though we will not pay top dollar for them, most of us still appreciate the DC sci-fi books. A group shot would be cool as there are a lot of great covers. (thumbs u

Man, why have books like this one, and 1st mr. freeze, and first Thanos, and virtually all first appearance villans etc... skyrocketed over the past couple years while a book like JIM #85 with 1st Loki has remained stagnant, even declined??

I ask because I once had nearly a longbox full of Jim #85's, and I hoped the Thor movie would have helped the prices, but NOTHING happened.

On a side note - 3/4 years ago I set out to collect as many Action #242's as I could get... and I only got 3 copies. There's many more LG copies available now than then. I even bought a 6.5 from Brent @QC for like $600 bucks 2 years ago... wish I still had that one.

Man, why have books like this one, and 1st mr. freeze, and first Thanos, and virtually all first appearance villans etc... skyrocketed over the past couple years while a book like JIM #85 with 1st Loki has remained stagnant, even declined??

I ask because I once had nearly a longbox full of Jim #85's, and I hoped the Thor movie would have helped the prices, but NOTHING happened.

On a side note - 3/4 years ago I set out to collect as many Action #242's as I could get... and I only got 3 copies. There's many more LG copies available now than then. I even bought a 6.5 from Brent @QC for like $600 bucks 2 years ago... wish I still had that one.

It's hard for a book to appreciate much if someone is able to accumulate a long box full of them and it barely makes a dent in the availability.