• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 242

197 posts in this topic

One of the worst misses I've ever had (on the boards or otherwise) is when Andy (GAcollectibles) posted thedude's Action 242 raw. Thedude snagged it, and it came back 7.0 -- a stunner and one of the nicest copies I've ever seen. I begged thedude to sell it to me, and true to his word, he offered it to me first, but I passed because I (foolishly) thought the price was a touch aggressive. He got a very nice number for it. It's a beautiful 7.0

I owned, until recently, a CGC 6.5 that I bought raw from graham crackers. I sorta wish I had it back, but I know will find another. I have owned a few copies of this book, but none better than the 6.5. It is a very tough book to find in grade, though one was auctioned by heritage recently, but had only cream pages. I don't recall it went for a "crazy" amount either.

I broke into a sweat when I saw it raw at that price. I screamed out loud when I saw that I had missed it by like 3 minutes. lol

One of the worst misses I've ever had (on the boards or otherwise) is when Andy (GAcollectibles) posted thedude's Action 242 raw. Thedude snagged it, and it came back 7.0 -- a stunner and one of the nicest copies I've ever seen. I begged thedude to sell it to me, and true to his word, he offered it to me first, but I passed because I (foolishly) thought the price was a touch aggressive. He got a very nice number for it. It's a beautiful 7.0

I owned, until recently, a CGC 6.5 that I bought raw from graham crackers. I sorta wish I had it back, but I know will find another. I have owned a few copies of this book, but none better than the 6.5. It is a very tough book to find in grade, though one was auctioned by heritage recently, but had only cream pages. I don't recall it went for a "crazy" amount either.

no hard feelings Brian, as I ended up selling the book for over $1000 more than I offered it to you for. :foryou:

no hard feelings Brian, as I ended up selling the book for over $1000 more than I offered it to you for. :foryou:

Yeah, I know. I give myself the face palm every time I think about it.

Yeah, I know. I give myself the face palm every time I think about it.

better than the "stink palm". lol

Here is my low grade copy that I picked up in a collection many years ago and refuse to let it go. If worse comes to worse someday, I can always wipe my azz with it. :sorry:

action242001.jpg

I've been trying to find a halway decent copy for a while now. For that issue, yours is a very nice copy. Alot of people would love to have it.

I'm glad someone made a thread about this book because it's one of my favorites. It's definitely tough to find in grade but I've managed to get a few copies.

I just purchased this recently and it's the highest grade I own:

AC242.jpg

I'm glad someone made a thread about this book because it's one of my favorites. It's definitely tough to find in grade but I've managed to get a few copies.

AC242.jpg

Another great Houston based funnybook (thumbs u

AC242.jpg

Another great Houston based funnybook (thumbs u

I'm trying to put together enough copies to add up to that 8.5 :baiting:

A couple hundred more copies should do it lol

Lois Lane 1 shares a lot in common with Action 242. Came out around the same time, dark blue cover is harsh on defects, no copies graded 9 or above. It also has a classic cover.

Just got in.

:takeit: , awesome pick up Brannon!

Nice Brannon. Save me a copy will you Kal-El :baiting:

No problem, If I ever decide to part with it I've got a White pager that would fit well with your collection of books with uncommon high PQ (SC 22, two if I'm not mistaken. :o ) . It's only a 4.0 though :(