• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Census - what if?...

6 posts in this topic

Re: CGC census - how is this tracked/modified?:

Let's say in the CGC census there are 20 Blue label X-Comics #1 in 6.0 and 20 in 6.5. What if I buy a 6.0, crack it open, send it back to CGC raw, and it comes back 6.5. What happens to the #'s in the census? I'm assuming the 6.0 will stay at 20 and the 6.5 will move to 21?

So, basically, there's no real way to know that the Census is 100% accurate for everything, right? Resubs without the label are treated as new additions to the Census, thus the same copy can count towards the Census more than once, regardless of whether or not the grade changed due to the resub.

doh!

Yes, it's been that way for years - the only thing that's 100% certain about any book in the census is that there are no more slabbed copies than the number shown in the census; most likely there's less (due to resubs), but there can't be more.

It really would be nice if everyone would submit their old label when resubbing but we all know that will never happen. My 2 SS books that I subbed at NO both have their old labels in the bag. Something about seeing a CGC label in a bag and board makes me :cloud9:. I know it may seem weird but I just like the look for some reason.