• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SELLING COMICS TO CGC FORUM MEMBERS...

5 posts in this topic

Most of you know that EBAY has seriously kicked my @ss over the last two weeks every time I have tried to SELL on EBAY ( I'm still doing OK when I buy ). My auctions turned out pretty crapola.

SO..I decided to sell my last 176 X-Men comics (extras) as a bundle on the CGC Forums instead of EBAY to someone who is a big-time eBay seller that can resell them individually and turn a decent profit.

My question is this, I am charging a flat $3.40 per comic for all 176 comics, they range from #60 thru 371 and they include issues like #95 & #100 ( there are 45 comics between #60 and 150 ). I figure someone can turn around and sell them at $10 each and make a really good profit.

Is this a good deal? Or am I whacked out of my melon? It seems like every time I think something is a "good deal" everyone else laughs at me wink.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=491644&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

I hate to reply to my own thread, but I have another question on this topic.

What about selling to members here who have 0 posts...but been here more than 6 months?

I say don't trust em. I'd only sell to established forum members if I was selling what you have.

What about selling to members here who have 0 posts...but been here more than 6 months?

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care who pays me for my stuff. If someone has offered you close to your price, I would take it. If a check doesn't arrive in a week then move on. I might have a concern about "buying" from an unknown, but selling is no problem.

On the subject of whether or not it's a good deal I think it's a little steep. If your going by guide, yeah it's good. Truthfully, any X-Men after the Byrne run isn't in huge demand & most can be found on ebay in junk lots. You find a buyer that needs all the books for his collection & it's a steal, trying to resell it at $10 a book ain't going to happen. Just my opinion.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care who pays me for my stuff. If someone has offered you close to your price, I would take it. If a check doesn't arrive in a week then move on. I might have a concern about "buying" from an unknown, but selling is no problem.

On the subject of whether or not it's a good deal I think it's a little steep. If your going by guide, yeah it's good. Truthfully, any X-Men after the Byrne run isn't in huge demand & most can be found on ebay in junk lots. You find a buyer that needs all the books for his collection & it's a steal, trying to resell it at $10 a book ain't going to happen. Just my opinion.

The problem with "who cares who pays" isn becasue of the problems AFTER the sale...those are the most horrific. You know wanting refunds, switched books, claims of missing books...I have read hundreds and hundreds of those horror stories here. If you want to be sell and have no follow up, ignore, dispute etc. with buyers...I might as well sell on eBay...dontcha think? I'm talking about dealing with forum members where we have an ongoing relationship.

As far as being high...you may very well be right.

I tried balancing out the whole collection with the price I have on it. I mean, you get 45 books between 60 and 150 that should fetch more than $10 each. That leaves you with 121 comics you can sell in bundles...etc. etc. etc.

I have more than a few people interested at the asking price, but one of them is a member here that doesn't post...so asked for your opinions first. I have 3 people who want to do partial trades, which would really help me as well. Hell, someone with a F/VF Hulk 181 could have all 176 of these books wink.gif

If things don't go will here I may end up just smacking them up on eBay and just get it over with but I want to give everyone here first whack...but man, I sure hate the idea of doing another EBAY auction.