• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is CGC grading at this moment?

23 posts in this topic

I believe its where the arrows are pointing.

Capture1.jpg

Brian, you have an amazing eye! (worship) I've seen several forums where you pick out the defects that few others can see. If anyone has a chance to dig through long boxes with Brian, it is like a work of art. I dug through a box of Ed Robertson's books and found a couple. Brian went through the same box and pulled out a gem that I had passed right over.

Thanks!

Without the bend it look like a 9.8. I would thought they would grade at least a 9.4.

I was thinking 9.6 maybe 9.8 as well. Non color-breaking creases are the Engine that runs CGC. Probably (More like definitely) is the main reason that so many books get pressed and resubbed.

To this day I shudder to think what my OO Collection could have been valued at if I'd had all the HG Marvels and DC's pressed first. as it is, I suspect a ton of them got broken out, resubbed, and graded 1 to 2 grades higher. :(

At least one, sold to an old boardie who then resold some years later was then resold by the new owner for a reported 2500% increase over what I originally sold it for... :insane: