• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I went to my local (20 miles) comic shop yesterday and they had 10 of them priced at £2.25 (around $3.50) each. Bought them all!

Ah if it was forbidden planet or travelling man your the one who bought them all, I was only looking for 1, bugger wasted trip for me! -:)

Oh hi everyone been browsing the forums for awhile thought I'd join in the fun

I went to my local (20 miles) comic shop yesterday and they had 10 of them priced at £2.25 (around $3.50) each. Bought them all!

Ah if it was forbidden planet or travelling man your the one who bought them all, I was only looking for 1, bugger wasted trip for me! -:)

Welcome.

Nope that wasn't me. Those places being in Manchester City centre go out of stock pretty quick. I always call them to make sure they have stock before I make the trip. Welcome to the boards!

Nope that wasn't me. Those places being in Manchester City centre go out of stock pretty quick. I always call them to make sure they have stock before I make the trip. Welcome to the boards!

Welcome!

I'm seeing listings on eBay for issue no 2 first printings, some with black hand logo, some with blue/green, surely only one of those is the first print?

Issue #2 has a teal blue 1st, and a purple 2nd.

Comicspro edition doesn't seem to be cooling off....only 250 copies might have alot of room to grow if ToT stays hot for a while.

I would love to own one for my small collection but I just can't afford it at the moment. I just hope after all the hype has cooled they will come down a little. That is if the hype does cool which could happen but I doubt it. I'm just a bit gutted I didn't jump in a $50

There were only a few that actually sold for $50. I got mine at the bottom of the curve and still shelled out $75 to get a really sharp copy. If that makes you feel any better.

Not really, lol. I counted about 12 completed listings on ebay for $50 or less. Some even sold buy it now for $30

There were only a few that actually sold for $50. I got mine at the bottom of the curve and still shelled out $75 to get a really sharp copy. If that makes you feel any better.

Not really, lol. I counted about 12 completed listings on ebay for $50 or less. Some even sold buy it now for $30

The comicspro variant? Apparently I was snoozing. lol I knew that the image expo variant went for real cheap money at one time. Hell there was a CGC 9.8 SS 2x Kirkman and Spencer eddition that didn't sell for a BIN of $150 - $175 before the announcement of the TV pilot and I was upset that I didn't bid on it. God only knows what that book would bring in an auction today.

hopefully the one i sent in to cgc is 9.8...i couldn't find anything wrong with it. should be graded this week.

Will it be for sale?

yeah. have to recoup all my comic book buying somehow...i have a expo coming back at the same time graded. lucky i forgot to fast track them or i would have probably sold them before the tv news.