• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Issue 7 was awesome. Not much else to say...

Just finished it, and agree. :applause: Really fun read that met my expectations and then some. This is the kind of intriguing, twisty plot I was holding out hope for in the early days, knowing that Kirkman was in charge of the larger development of the series.

So, new writer coming on board for #8-onward. Anyone know this fellow?

yes #7 was good. but again i must say that there HAS to be MORE dialog. The art is great, but i dont need 4+ panels of just art, no words

i hope the new writer can deliver

there will be more dialog....

when the tv show premieres.

yes #7 was good. but again i must say that there HAS to be MORE dialog. The art is great, but i dont need 4+ panels of just art, no words

There a date for that yet mate?

Not even close to a date. Still in 'development' stages. There's no guarantee it will even get to air let alone film a pilot. I'd like some positive news to come out though because I think this would make a good show and if they bring on the guy from Dexter like they said, I'd be really excited.

There a date for that yet mate?

Although there is no date for a pilot, no -script for a pilot (to my knowledge unless that is what they are roughing out issue by issue) and then going back in and transforming it into a show that follows the comic more closely than the Walking Dead has/does. What gives me faith that a pilot will be made is Kirkman's confidence and the fact that AMC is doing the show and they work together and so forth. I continue to hope and pray that John Hamm is case as Redmond. He is a strong enough actor with a strong enough following to make the program a hit. I've been pleasantly surprised with Thief of Thieves. I thought the first issue was ok at best. But every single issue that followed was a great read. Remember that very few comic adaptions make it to television (e.g., Locke & Key, 100 Bullets, wonder woman, Luke Cage, the Spectre, the Damned, etc., that Powers has been in development for years and that even when shows get made they flop (e.g., Witchblade)). Hell, I'm still hopeful that Showtime will make Chew. I do think that the sucess of the Walking Dead, Avengers, Batman, Kick-, Wanted, 300, Sin City etc. are a great sign and signal to Hollywood that there is money to be made from quality adaptions of comics to TV and films. It seems that Hollywood is more willing to give comics a shot on the big screen than they are on TV, but I think that the bad economy and the cost savings of adapting comics encourages Hollywood executives to pay for the right to adapt works to the big and small screen and that we are going to see more and more adaptions (e.g., Peter Panzerfaust, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. We should all be thankful to Kirkman and others involved in the adaption of the Walking Dead. I think the sucess of the Walking Dead has opened a lot of doors for creators to make TV shows and films that wouldn't have got a second thought ten years ago. I can't get over the number of people whol left the industru in the 90's who returned to comics thanks to the Walking Dead. If someone is keeping count, make sure to add me to the list because there is no way that I would be reading comics again if it weren't for the Walking Dead.

So what's the going rate for a Thief of Thieves ICE variant CGC 9.8? I got a Best Offer on one for $275 shipped. I priced my listing high enough that I wouldn't feel bad if it sold and now I'm getting tempted to take the money and run. Any suggestions from more experienced sellers (remember I haven't done this since the 90's and there wasn't ebay or CGC back then (and I was in high school). lol Assuming there's no further developments with the TV show in the next 6 months, what do you think I could replace this book for?