• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Just picked up first printing of 1 and 2 from LCS for 40, guy that works there said they were from a collector that didn't like the books. Bad or good call? Besides ebay i cant really determine if prices are coming back down or holding. Any feed back

My feeling is that future value on this is entirely dependent on whether the TV show materialises. The initial buzz seems to have died down somewhat. I have kept one run and one issue 1 as I did well enough on my other sets.

For $40 you've probably done ok, as long as they are in NM after being handled by a few people.

If the TV show happens it could be another WD, if not then there is little chance of any growth IMHO.

Just picked up first printing of 1 and 2 from LCS for 40, guy that works there said they were from a collector that didn't like the books. Bad or good call? Besides ebay i cant really determine if prices are coming back down or holding. Any feed back

My feeling is that future value on this is entirely dependent on whether the TV show materialises. The initial buzz seems to have died down somewhat. I have kept one run and one issue 1 as I did well enough on my other sets.

For $40 you've probably done ok, as long as they are in NM after being handled by a few people.

If the TV show happens it could be another WD, if not then there is little chance of any growth IMHO.

Yea I guess it has to do with the TV show, Wishful thinking I'm hoping for. It just seemed as for current prices 40 for the 2 seemed like a no brainer for me. Yes, the copies are NM, Let's go Thief of Thieves!!!!

The 1st arc was fantastic so regardless of a TV show I think this comic will do well if it can keep up the standard set by the 1st arc.

Maybe I should go back and read through it again, but I thought that the story and especially the art were both sub-standard. I had similar feelings about Peter Panzerfaust except for the first couple of issues. I don't know, I guess that if zaitsev thinks it sucks, then make a TV show out of it?

The 1st arc was fantastic so regardless of a TV show I think this comic will do well if it can keep up the standard set by the 1st arc.

I think the inflated prices were generated by the TV show only.

Sure its regular readership may continue to grow, but as far as prices being in the $100 + range,then thats 100% the TV show.

Too little has been heard from AMC about this and I would not be suprised (my opinion only) to up the budget on TWD and wait and see with ToT.

Personally I am selling up - I only had a couple of slabs anyhow - and moving on.

I think this has peaked.

Happy to be wrong as I do not wish any loss to the boardies on here.

Andy

I think the inflated prices were generated by the TV show only.

Sure its regular readership may continue to grow, but as far as prices being in the $100 + range,then thats 100% the TV show.

Too little has been heard from AMC about this and I would not be suprised (my opinion only) to up the budget on TWD and wait and see with ToT.

Personally I am selling up - I only had a couple of slabs anyhow - and moving on.

I think this has peaked.

Happy to be wrong as I do not wish any loss to the boardies on here.

Andy

I didn't doubt that the hike in prices was related to the TV Show announcement. I just meant that this comic will continue to rise in price if it stays good regardless of the TV Show. Getting to TV is a long process which will take anything between 1-3 years as Kirkman alluded to in interviews.

+1. It was an excellent read. I would not of thought you could get that many twist and turns into a spy/thief type comic. lol.

Looks like a TV show is a long,long way away ,if at all.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68022

well, no real news there. Writing a pilot, same as before. Being done concurrently with the comics, same as before.

and the timeframe was always Fall 2013 at the earliest for a show, to my understanding also.

walking dead and kirkman is AMC's meal ticket, they requested something else to make a show from, and this is it. the pilot will get made, no reason not to.

my 2c

Looks like a TV show is a long,long way away ,if at all.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68022

well, no real news there. Writing a pilot, same as before. Being done concurrently with the comics, same as before.

and the timeframe was always Fall 2013 at the earliest for a show, to my understanding also.

walking dead and kirkman is AMC's meal ticket, they requested something else to make a show from, and this is it. the pilot will get made, no reason not to.

my 2c

(thumbs u

No argument here.

I do think though,that more than a few people thought it was "approved" already when its not even at -script stage,let alone approval/pilot

Just have a funny feeling about this one - that something else will come along first and push it back.

Powers is now nearly re-written

Revival is a big hit and lets be honest,is a natural to run alongside TWD and eventually replace it? (I'm asking not telling...lol)

The only downside to revivals "optioning" - (which is a done deal according to some itk on here) - is wether World War Z will be the tipping point for the 'Zombie' / 'undead' genre - ie The Walking Dead will be left on its own to run its course and something new will hit the market?

Plus Y - The Last Man as well.