• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really Hard to Get Sigs

144 posts in this topic

Sean, what has been the hardest SS book for you to acquire? I'm still stunned by some of the books you have.

:popcorn:

The hardest books for me to acquire are the ones that came into being before I was in the Program. Couple that with fewer books being done for some creators and there are still some grails out there for me. Aparo, Marshall Rogers, John Byrne (I did pick some up in the aftermarket, but there are several I am still hunting down) Luis Domingues.

There are a number of celebs that I am dying for - Ray Harryhausen, Ray Bradbury, I need a WD cast signed book. Plus there are some books that are just shockingly amazing. A couple I won't mention, because I don't need the competition - but one I will mention is AlexH's Will Eisner.

I have been very fortunate since I have been active in the program and am so thankful to everyone involved, especially the formers who helped me cut my teeth. (Even when they laughed at me for sending some "not so minty" books to be signed.)

Those are some great grails to look foreword to. :applause:

I'm still amazed by the SS opps on these boards. I never thought I'd see a Totleben on the market(which is my grail).

A Ray Bradury would be awesome. :headbang: I have seen a few, I believe. I assume they aren't common though. And he is getting pretty old. :(

This thread has brought to light a lot of interesting stuff. I had no idea how elusive some of these creators were. I grabbed a Joe Simon off a boardie recently for quite a cheap price and I'm really happy I did. I assumed his sig was relatively easy to get (pre-December 2011) because they show up fairly often but I'm wondering now if they are so available right now because he recently passed.

I would say that a lot of Simons got done, but not as many as if he had been accessible at cons. I would have another 6 or 8 Simons if he was easy to get.

Sean, what has been the hardest SS book for you to acquire? I'm still stunned by some of the books you have.

The hardest books for me to acquire are the ones that came into being before I was in the Program. Couple that with fewer books being done for some creators and there are still some grails out there for me. Aparo, Marshall Rogers, John Byrne (I did pick some up in the aftermarket, but there are several I am still hunting down) Luis Domingues.

There are a number of celebs that I am dying for - Ray Harryhausen, Ray Bradbury, I need a WD cast signed book. Plus there are some books that are just shockingly amazing. A couple I won't mention, because I don't need the competition - but one I will mention is AlexH's Will Eisner.

I have been very fortunate since I have been active in the program and am so thankful to everyone involved, especially the formers who helped me cut my teeth. (Even when they laughed at me for sending some "not so minty" books to be signed.)

I'm still amazed by the SS opps on these boards. I never thought I'd see a Totleben on the market(which is my grail).

A Ray Bradury would be awesome. :headbang: I have seen a few, I believe. I assume they aren't common though. And he is getting pretty old. :(

Did you get some Totlebens done? If so, show some pics!!

No, I actually was little late to that opp. It made me slightly mad that I missed it.

But, I'm sure I'll see MM copies on the market at some point and I'll pick them up then. Who knows maybe there will be round 2? :wishluck: Rich Henn had a couple he was willing to sell, but they were too rich for my blood, though the prices were well-justified for such great copies.

I thought the swampys you got signed were great choices!

Right on Tim! These two rule changes have to have increased the value on books with a large number of signatures on them. Quite frankly as amazing as cast signed (& multi-creator signed) books are, it's getting too expensive and time consuming to put them together. That being said, they are a good investment if you can buy the books already SS'ed.

Amen.. these are harder to put together now

I have my easy to get sings but hard to get them all on one book sigs

Stan Lee, John Romita, John Romita JR and soon to add Mark Bagley(I hope)

Amazing Spider-Man 400

And My Fav signed by entire Creative team

Stan Lee, Scott Hanna, J Scott Campbell, John Romita, John Romita JR, Joe Quesda and Michael J Straczynski

Amazing Spider-Man 500

No, I actually was little late to that opp. It made me slightly mad that I missed it.

But, I'm sure I'll see MM copies on the market at some point and I'll pick them up then. Who knows maybe there will be round 2? :wishluck: Rich Henn had a couple he was willing to sell, but they were too rich for my blood, though the prices were well-justified for such great copies.

I thought the swampys you got signed were great choices!

Comic-Sutra on ebay had some JTT-signed Miraclemans and, if I remember correctly, a Swamp Thing for sale over the weekend. I don't think they sold. You can email them and ask about the books.

Moorcock.

hm

Naw, too easy.

I've used up my Moorcock joke quota for the first quarter anyway.

But where are you up to with Neil Gaiman?? :grin:

There was one deal I was doing with Sean.

He wouldn't give up his Elric SS book unless I gave him my Gaiman signed Sandman books in exchange.

I think Sean was trying to get me to say "I will do Gaiman for Moorcock."

I didn't bite.

I recently bought a book on comiclink specifically to get Stan Lee, John Romita Sr., and Jim Steranko all on it later this year. I have a Lee and Steranko separately already but to find a book they all actually worked on in nice shape, just by chance, seemed like a cool chase. I've said more than once how much I hate the fact I missed some of the opps that have been on here as recently as last year.

Moorcock.

hm

Naw, too easy.

I've used up my Moorcock joke quota for the first quarter anyway.

But where are you up to with Neil Gaiman?? :grin:

There was one deal I was doing with Sean.

He wouldn't give up his Elric SS book unless I gave him my Gaiman signed Sandman books in exchange.

I think Sean was trying to get me to say "I will do Gaiman for Moorcock."

I didn't bite.

Not biting is the nice thing to do in that scenario.

Rich did an AMAZING job putting at opp. together. It's probably the one signature opp. in 2011 that many collectors will regret not taking advantage of.

2011 was awesome for me, not just because of all the high profile sigs, but also because I picked up my first sigs from Pablo Marcos, Alex Nino, Chester Brown, Jay Anacleto, Sanjulian, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell and Joyce Farmer. I get just as geeked up for those creators as I do the heavy hitters.

2011 was awesome for me, not just because of all the high profile sigs, but also because I picked up my first sigs from Pablo Marcos, Alex Nino, Chester Brown, Jay Anacleto, Sanjulian, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell and Joyce Farmer. I get just as geeked up for those creators as I do the heavy hitters.

I get jazzed for Stan Sakai and Don Rosa. I've resisted picking up a Sakai CGC SS so far because, frankly, between the Usagi Yojimbo signed/sketched hardcovers and Usagi signed/sketched sketchbooks and the framed sketch I have on my wall and the extra-sketched Space Usagi HC I bought straight from Stan, I feel like I have enough Sakai sigs to last me a lifetime. But I'm sure I'll give in and grab a CGC SS eventually. Stupid collector mentality.