• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Wolverine" Gets Official Release Date

75 posts in this topic

How about a Japanese actress play a Japanese woman?

I would totally accept Kyoko Fukada as Yukio. She looks totally sweet and innocent in GIS, but in Yatterman, she was unbelievably hot.

Kyoko%2BFukada%2B%2B8.jpg

Why are Asian women so hot & cute? hm

I see her as Mariko than Yukio 2c

I would totally accept Kyoko Fukada as Yukio. She looks totally sweet and innocent in GIS, but in Yatterman, she was unbelievably hot.

Based on that picture, I definitely agree - she has that round Mariko face. However, If you ever see 'Yatterman' and her on-screen presence - you would definitely see why I see her as Yukio. :luhv:

yatterman.jpg

Dear Mangold,

Make it an 'R' movie you p ussy

-Brian

:wishluck:
Not going to happen.

And please include Godzilla somewhere in the movie. :wishluck:

Wearing a Dredd Helmet. :wishluck: :wishluck:

His healing factor wasn't taken to the nigh-godlike realm now, and he could actually get hurt and need some recuperation time from bad injuries, which helped the reader invest in the character's well-being. If his healing factor lets him regenerate from a single cell or whatever stupid nonsense they're pushing nowadays, there's no sense of danger and his appeal drops down to the early teen fanboy stage of reading

Yeah, when did that happen? I remember in Fall of the Mutants, one of the opening panels has him suffering from his wounds, and it used to be that he wasn't at 100% for awhile. I also liked that aspect as well. Even in 75 they addressed the fact that his healing factor took a huge hit from his injuries.

This whole get-shot-with-a-bullet-and-be-healed-five-seconds-later is kinda lame. Was there some event that changed his healing factor?

I think it was when he got his adamantium ripped out..

After his healing factor went into overdrive to keep him alive it never calmed down again

Here's the "Wikipedia definition" on the healing factor change:

"In X-Men #25 (1993), at the culmination of the "Fatal Attractions" crossover, the supervillain Magneto forcibly removes the adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton. This massive trauma causes his healing factor to burn out and also leads to the discovery that his claws are actually bone. Wolverine leaves the X-Men for a time, embarking on a series of adventures during which his healing factor returns, greatly increased in speed and efficiency (due to the fact that the adamantium in his bones used a considerable amount of his healing factor on a constant basis). It is also realised at this time that Wolverine constantly mutates (unlike other mutants) and that the adamantium slowed his mutation to a halt."

I don't get the appeal for Asian women. Latin, and Italian Women have it going on. :acclaim:

I swear on all things holy, if they screw up the beloved limited series story...

Unfortunately, that limited series started the character down the path of ruination :(

You might be the only one who thinks that. Wolverine was pretty one-dimensional before that limited series. Bryne helped flesh out some details during his Uncanny run, but it wasn't until the limited series that he actually developed an interesting backstory to bolster his personality.

Have you read GSX1 through Uncanny 130? He acts like Fonzie with claws.

I disagree. Back in the day, they wanted you to think that Wolvie was only one dimensional, but they let out little tidbits every once in a while. The one that hit me when I was a little kid was when he tells Ororo that he was going out hunting (I think deer). She is mortified and asks how he could kill Bambi. He says " I said huntin' didn't say anything about killing."

That really stuck with me, that he had a code of honor under there. I do think appending the bushido warrior backstory on Wolverine was cool, but Fonzie with claws, I'm not buying.

Uncanny 216 I think.

Oh oh!! What about Tila Tequila? Her acting skills are amazing too.
:facepalm:

lol

Hopefully the sarcasm came through on that one

It did lol

But I still don't want her in the movie :P

Unless wolverine slices her head into 3 pieces. That would be awesome. No speaking lines though. Just a brutal decap scene.

Oh oh!! What about Tila Tequila? Her acting skills are amazing too.
:facepalm:

lol

Hopefully the sarcasm came through on that one

It did lol

But I still don't want her in the movie :P

Unless wolverine slices her head into 3 pieces. That would be awesome. No speaking lines though. Just a brutal decap scene.

:devil:

I'm voting Bai Ling (even though she's Chinese) for Yukio. She has the attitude and presence for that character.

bai-ling-3.jpg

I'll second that choice (thumbs u

:cloud9:

Is she sat on a toilet in that pic? ???

Looks like the edge of a toilet-shaped couch!

You really don't want Bai Ling, she's a mess.

I would still hit it!

I'm voting Bai Ling (even though she's Chinese) for Yukio. She has the attitude and presence for that character.

bai-ling-3.jpg

I'll second that choice (thumbs u

:cloud9:

Is she sat on a toilet in that pic? ???

Looks like the edge of a toilet-shaped couch!

You really don't want Bai Ling, she's a mess.

I would still hit it!

+1