• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Wolverine" Gets Official Release Date

75 posts in this topic

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36852

Wolverine is back in July 2013 to continue being the best there is at what he does on the big screen. According to ComingSoon.net, "The Wolverine" is slated for a July 26, 2013 release date from Marvel and 20th Century Fox, despite production delays.

Directed by James Mangold, the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel stars Hugh Jackman with original screenplay by Christopher McQuarrie and rewrites by Mark Bomback. Production was initially delayed due to Jackman's involvement with the "Les Misérables" feature film.

While the plot details are vague, the story -- based on the 1982 "Wolverine" miniseries by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller -- follows Wolverine to Japan in a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman, culminating in a battle with her father, brothers and the Silver Samurai.

In 2011, Hugh Jackman spoke to the decision to rewrite McQuarrie's original -script and the overall darker tone of the film.

"When a director takes over any -script, they need to make it their movie," Jackman said in September 2011. "So Jim hired Mark to help him make the movie his own.

Darren had worked on the -script himself and taken it in a certain direction that was right for him. And that would have been a great version of the movie. I’ve seen Jim’s version now and, you know, Jim saw things that weren’t working for him that were working for Darren.

And I’ve got to hand it to Fox and to Jim, it’s easy when you start with the best -script we’ve had from Chris McQuarrie. Which is why Darren signed on. So once you have that, that’s 80, 85 percent of your movie. … It’s a little darker and, I think, a little more true to the character. If you read all of [the Japanese saga] there is a lot of it that is a little disparate and some of it’s got X-Men in it. There’s a wedding and all that. So we take license with that."

I'm voting Bai Ling (even though she's Chinese) for Yukio. She has the attitude and presence for that character.

bai-ling-3.jpg

I'll second that choice (thumbs u

Here's also hoping they don't screw up big and try and cast Tia Tequila :sick:

Don't say that too loudly... If she ends up there, I predict massive fanboy seppuku.

I'm voting Bai Ling (even though she's Chinese) for Yukio. She has the attitude and presence for that character.

bai-ling-3.jpg

:cloud9:

Is she sat on a toilet in that pic? ???

Looks like the edge of a toilet-shaped couch!

I swear on all things holy, if they screw up the beloved limited series story...

Unfortunately, that limited series started the character down the path of ruination :(

I swear on all things holy, if they screw up the beloved limited series story...

Unfortunately, that limited series started the character down the path of ruination :(

Really, you don't see it as the pinnacle?

What made it the road to ruin for Wolvie?

You might be the only one who thinks that. Wolverine was pretty one-dimensional before that limited series. Bryne helped flesh out some details during his Uncanny run, but it wasn't until the limited series that he actually developed an interesting backstory to bolster his personality.

Have you read GSX1 through Uncanny 130? He acts like Fonzie with claws.

bai-ling-3.jpg

:cloud9:

Is she sat on a toilet in that pic? ???

Looks like the edge of a toilet-shaped couch!

You really don't want Bai Ling, she's a mess.

Have you read GSX1 through Uncanny 130? He acts like Fonzie with claws.

lol

Before or after he jumped the shark? There is a difference, ya know?

6838056051_be7847c89f.jpg