• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just had to report a buyer for harassment

70 posts in this topic

Since about half my auctions go to nightmare deadbeats these days I request to be paid within 48 hours of auction end. I state it very clearly in the auction. This guy didn't pay or even send a message saying payment will be late or anything. After 48 hours I sent him a friendly e-mail reminder and waited another 48 hours. I don't like to wait too long because if I do the low bidder could buy what he wants elsewhere and then I'm stuck relisting it. So after four days I offered a second chance to the low bidder. He accepted and paid immediately. I shipped it out and proceeded to cancel the transaction with the original buyer who has yet to make contact with me in four days. I made it clear in my request to cancel transaction that the item is gone and no longer available. After a week he finally responds by denying my request to cancel the transaction and sending payment. I sent him a message telling him again the item is gone and issued a refund. He flipped out and sent me a message stating he had better get what he paid for or there will be problems. I sent another e-mail saying he's been refunded, directed him to the auction stating I need payment in 48 hours, apologized again, and said have a nice day. He replied with "Eat me, I hope you like the feedback" so I reported him.

This is why sellers should have the ability to leave permanent responses to negative feedback that SHOWS on the buyers feeback as a noticable blip. A little protection towards the sellers is more than deserved from eBay. If I can't neg a buyer who's in the wrong, I should be able to do a report card on dead beats, at least. They really need to retool their system, or eliminate the tools that are coming up with the ideas for them. 2c

His name is dakine-hotwheelz

I doubt he'll be buying comics but it couldn't hurt to block him I suppose. I imagine he'll be NARU and under a new profile in no time though, so not like it will matter. I don't know why eBay allows that either. When I was selling some Ninja Turtles toys the same eBayer gave me a hard time on multiple accounts in multiple auctions.

I am sure ebay will do nothing to assist you.

Does ebay allow a 48 hour payment requirement? I know you can set that on BINs, I thought somewhere in the rules buyers can pay in a week or something on auctions, but I'm foggy on that.

Yeah I'm not sure. I know 48 hours is cutting it tight, but I actually gave him four days and two invoices and got nothing, not even an e-mail. The entire reason I started requiring payment in 48 hours is the sheer number of deadbeats on there in the first place. Usually I either receive payment instantly or not at all it seems.

Yeah I'm not sure. I know 48 hours is cutting it tight, but I actually gave him four days and two invoices and got nothing, not even an e-mail. The entire reason I started requiring payment in 48 hours is the sheer number of deadbeats on there in the first place. Usually I either receive payment instantly or not at all it seems.

I'm with you. I started requiring 24 hours because a lot of buyers bid on multiple auctions at once and just pick the "best" one to pay for. The more time that passes the less likely the bidder is to pay. I agree that payment is usually either immediate or not at all.

Once I sold an item to fund a purchase, the winning bidder never paid so I never got the funds to purchase what I wanted, and while dealing with getting the auction cancelled and whatnot I saw the deadbeat bidder had bought and paid for the item I wanted

I hate to say this but I don't think ebay isn't going to side with you. You didn't follow ebay's non-payment policy. I think it is 4 days before you can file a non-payment case and then once that is open you must wait 7 full days for the buyer to basically not pay you. Then the case can be closed and you can relist the item. But until all that happens, the item is should not be offered.

I stinks and I too have had too many non-payers as well. I sell thing for pocket change so it boggles my mind when people don't pay. I use to wait 7 days and now my auctions state 3 days but it is pointless as ebay's rule is 4 days before I can file a claim.

I had a bad issue a few years ago with buyer harassment. Sold some NY Rangers memorabilia and the fella won the auction for $50 . Auction was Paypal only. He then says wants my mailing address and he will send a check. I said Paypal only and he then says OK but I want your address. I told him no way and either Pay or not. I then realize that he lives 10 minutes from me. I then change my Address and phone number on Ebay . I was correct to do that. He soon after request my contact info. I guess he tried to call me and got a wrong number. He emails me that he wants the item and please give me my phone number and address and he will pay by paypal. I said leave me alone and I was not selling to him. He calls Ebay and gets me suspended for having a false phone number. I called ebay and explained the situation. They agree hes a nut and re-instated me. I then get payment from him. I take his stuff to a UPS store miles from my house and use the UPS store address as the return address. He gets the package and then emails me that one item is missing (it was not) . He wants my phone number to discuss it and my address just incase he wants to return. I just completly ignore him and he finally goes away. No negative but a very scary experience as I dont know what his intentions were.

I kind of stopped selling after that.

I've been a member since Apr-21-99 and I quit really selling once sellers could leave nothing but positive feedback. That's just stupid. It's also the reason I have refused to have a kudos thread in the Selling Forum. What good is hearing only the positive? If someone sucks, people have a right to know about it before they do business with them.