• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SSWS 84

5 posts in this topic

GPA is not all that useful for books like this that don't exist in many slabs. The only other 6.5 recorded was way back in 2007 and it was $477

the only other GPA sale is a 9.0 for $926 back in 2010

you might already got those data point

the only way to find out is to auction it off in my opinion. You can always test the water and list it on CL with a $600 (wag) and see if anyone will throw out an offer.

I would agree with this strategy. You don't want to undersell it, and since you can make an offer on Clink that is as low as 50% of the asking price I would price the book a bit higher in hopes of an offer. I might go more like $800 because the book has likely risen since that 2007 sale, and even if it hasn't that $477 price would still be offerable at an $800 ask.

I would just hate to list a book like that and then have it snapped up at full asking price in 5 minutes. You'd kick yourself for maybe giving it away. If it sits then I would send it to whatever auction you feel comfortable placing it in (I would recommend Clink).