• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer '68 Set

Silver Surfer 1968  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Silver Surfer 1968

7 posts in this topic

It appears that FF 121, 122, 123, 155, 156 and 157 have been added to the Silver Sufer (1968) set. Please voice your opinion as to whether those comics should be part of this set. I do not believe they apply. Without those books, the set includes every silver age appearance of the surfer. To add those books and not a variety of other books (which also should not be added) such as Sub-Mariner 34 and 35 and Thor 178, 192 and 193 does not make sense to me. The set should stop in 1970 with the end of the first Surfer run.

The powers that be are willing to go the way that the majority who voice an opinion desire. Please sound off. Thanks.

It appears that FF 121, 122, 123, 155, 156 and 157 have been added to the Silver Sufer (1968) set. Please voice your opinion as to whether those comics should be part of this set. I do not believe they apply. Without those books, the set includes every silver age appearance of the surfer. To add those books and not a variety of other books (which also should not be added) such as Sub-Mariner 34 and 35 and Thor 178, 192 and 193 does not make sense to me. The set should stop in 1970 with the end of the first Surfer run.

The powers that be are willing to go the way that the majority who voice an opinion desire. Please sound off. Thanks.

Another possibility is to have a complete Silver Age Silver Surfer set in addition to just the series.

Fair point. Before there was only a full surfer silver age set. There has never been just Surfer 1-18 as a set. Therefore, a surfer 1-18 set alone and a silver age surfer set does make sense. If folks want the later books listed, there could be a listing of all bronze age appearance prior to the Surfer third series.

I suggest we add a Silver Surfer (Complete) set in addition to the normal set. 2c

+1

This has bugged me for a while. I've every intention of completing my SS '68 run but absolutely no intention of getting the FF books (At this time).

Imagine having a Wolverine set where you would need to have every Wolvie appearence in order to complete the set???