• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series trade weekend discussion

488 posts in this topic

From the sounds of it this may be a point of contention. Let's just make it optional.

That's the best compromise. That way anyone that wants to be proactive about values can, and there will be nothing stopping from potential traders asking "what are you valuing that book at?"

From the sounds of it this may be a point of contention. Let's just make it optional.

That's the best compromise. That way anyone that wants to be proactive about values can, and there will be nothing stopping from potential traders asking "what are you valuing that book at?"

Works for me. And if you don't value your books then don't feel offended when and if you get odd/lowball offers. Just sayin.

Works for me. And if you don't value your books then don't feel offended when and if you get odd/lowball offers. Just sayin.

I think it is funny that people get offended by lowball offers. How hard is to laugh at the guy and say, "No?" Are they afraid that they might get Jedi Mind Tricked into saying, "Yes?"

Any other suggestions out there?

Something I may adopt during the next one is something MedicAR did during the last round. In his trading post, he also listed the books that caught his eye from all the other trading posts. I've noticed that some people are a little hesitant to start with an offer or PM to say "I like your book...is there anything of mine you like?". While I don't think this will be widely adopted, I think I'll be putting a list of the books I'm most interested in in my post.

Something I may adopt during the next one is something MedicAR did during the last round. In his trading post, he also listed the books that caught his eye from all the other trading posts. I've noticed that some people are a little hesitant to start with an offer or PM to say "I like your book...is there anything of mine you like?". While I don't think this will be widely adopted, I think I'll be putting a list of the books I'm most interested in in my post.

I agree, that was a really good idea and I'll be doing that myself next time.

+1

Sorry I haven't kept up the last day or so. I've been distracted with work and prepping a bunch of books for upcoming submissions.

Still looking for suggestions for dates. I had initially suggested March 3 & 4 because there's not really much going on that weekend as far as cons go. I ,like so many others, am still waiting for my economy subs from NYCC. I'd kind of like to get those back before we do this. What does everyone think?

Can I jump the gun on the trade weekend? Is that allowed? If it is, I need Totleben SS sketches. That's right, need. Plain ol' sigs too.
There's always the Trading Post thread. (thumbs u

Link

(thumbs u