• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading contest

75 posts in this topic

keep an eyes on this thread for any announcements. Once the contest start, a new thread will be created with all the scans and then all jib jabs can then move over to that thread until the contest is over.

ok, so far

all books are scanned and I just need to resize them and take a pic of the interior for PQ.

a) for those that see the scans I posted here occasionally or in my sale threads, how do you like them...as is? too big? sometimes big scans can magnify the flaws. Let me know if you have a chance.

b) does anyone here that don't know how to use Microsoft Excel? or have no access to Excel or some form of spreadsheet program like the free one from Google? I am trying to figure out the best way to score and right now, I am leaning to creating a spreadsheet you all can download and fill in and then email them back to me later. This way I can write a little mini macro to score everything quickly later.

ok, so far

all books are scanned and I just need to resize them and take a pic of the interior for PQ.

a) for those that see the scans I posted here occasionally or in my sale threads, how do you like them...as is? too big? sometimes big scans can magnify the flaws. Let me know if you have a chance.

b) does anyone here that don't know how to use Microsoft Excel? or have no access to Excel or some form of spreadsheet program like the free one from Google? I am trying to figure out the best way to score and right now, I am leaning to creating a spreadsheet you all can download and fill in and then email them back to me later. This way I can write a little mini macro to score everything quickly later.

Just an idea, but you could save yourself a lot of work by not including PQ in the contest.

As you know, PQ is very difficult to judge from pics & scans, and it doubles the amount of work you have to do on your end.

Just thinking out loud. The contest will be fantastic either way.

testing..testing

all the interiors are taken so all that is left is the size. Is this big enough? the bottom book is the benchmark book used for every entries. The bottom book is in my category of snow white PQ.

I don't think a bigger pic is necessary for the PQ but let me know.

av14x.jpg

Just an idea, but you could save yourself a lot of work by not including PQ in the contest.

As you know, PQ is very difficult to judge from pics & scans, and it doubles the amount of work you have to do on your end.

Just thinking out loud. The contest will be fantastic either way.

agreed, it is a lot of work regardless from picking the books to gradings, etc..but part of the contest is to educate so I figured it is worth it to include PQ so for those that didn't know or understand PQ, this could be a good start.