• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Dr. Doom Edition. !!! Poll on pg 6!!!

271 posts in this topic

Adam - Please see http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6321932#Post6321932. This was brought about due entirely to the comments in this thread and then voted in by the community as a whole.

Thanks - I did read that.

To be honest I don't think that the poll bore any resemblance to the proposals that had been made though. Obviously I'm basing that comment on what I've read in that thread (and this one) - I don't know what PMs you may have got, or what discussions the Sketch Illuminati have had among themselves.

What I read were my comments suggesting a longer period between challenges generally, then a post agreeing that a longer waiting period would be good, then a proposal for a six month wait, followed by a poll suggesting that 5 time champs getting a three month wait.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here - I think these competitions are great, and you guys do a good job. I am sure it takes time and effort to organise. But I don't see that the poll responded to what people (not just me) were saying that they wanted.

Anyway, you have my comments - I still think it's silly for someone to potentially beat a big field, and then be challenged four times in four months (possibly by only one person each time) before they get a three month break. I just don't see the need to have the facility for so many challenges. Aren't two or three a year enough? There are so many competitions going on at the moment as it is. To me, it just makes the title seem transient and not worth as much.

Maybe if there's scope in the future this point can be revisited. Happy to discuss in this thread and/or by PM if you like.

Adam

Not the best scan (I can get a better one if you'd like), but just wondering if this would be a worthy challenger? Or if I should wait for a DD best of eventually....

Anthony Castrillo owned by myself. (It's now graded by the way)

Castrillo_zpsbcd3fb1d.png

I don't think there is a DD one... Is there? :ohnoez:

Which one of these is the one that gets to decide? Is it the Flash challenge one?

Absolutely. The Best of the Best Flash sketch is the current categorie and the winner will choose the next one.