• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Dr. Doom Edition. !!! Poll on pg 6!!!

271 posts in this topic

So many choices.

C - Layton draws my favorite doom and that is the beat Layton out there, but your Sale Doom would be the One I would take if I had my Choice of any Doom I have ever seen.

Thanks Greedo I also think my Layton is one of the best out there. ( Maybe not the best but one of the best I'm content with that )

Here is the Tim Sale Doom I think you were speaking of

07-02-2011123247AM.jpg

the reason why I prefer the Layton cover is because I think it is a better representative of who Doom is

To me covers are snapshots of a character or scene created by an Artist which tells a story to viewers.

the best covers in my opinion are those which capture the true essence of the character or characters depicted based on the writers of those characters.

a few examples - I think the best Cap covers show him strong , heroic ,patriotic , a pillar of justice and leader fighting for his Country.

The best Deadpool covers display his comedic Linsanity....

. excuse me insanity....(I live in NY :insane:)

or his ruthless mercenary abandon. An Artist that can display both styles on one cover would for sure get my vote.

The best Thor covers show him Mighty , powerful and Godlike- hell he is a God

you get the idea.

So when it Comes to Dr. Doom I feel the best covers should express him as powerful and Regal, but Smug with an air of superiority. A tyrant who thinks he rules the World.

Or he should be depicted as a formidable Master of the Black Arts

In my opinion these are the best covers of Doom no matter who the Artist is .

But everyone has the right to there own opinion that is what makes these contests so great.

Nonetheless make no mistake there are alot of super EPIC Doom cover in this thread.

I am no Hater :cool:

here's to DOOM love. :headbang:

the reason why I prefer the Layton cover is because I think it is a better representative of who Doom is

To me covers are snapshots of a character or scene created by an Artist which tells a story to viewers.

the best covers in my opinion are those which capture the true essence of the character or characters depicted based on the writers of those characters.

a few examples - I think the best Cap covers show him strong , heroic ,patriotic , a pillar of justice and leader fighting for his Country.

The best Deadpool covers display his comedic Linsanity....

. excuse me insanity....(I live in NY :insane:)

or his ruthless mercenary abandon. An Artist that can display both styles on one cover would for sure get my vote.

The best Thor covers show him Mighty , powerful and Godlike- hell he is a God

you get the idea.

So when it Comes to Dr. Doom I feel the best covers should express him as powerful and Regal, but Smug with an air of superiority. A tyrant who thinks he rules the World.

Or he should be depicted as a formidable Master of the Black Arts

In my opinion these are the best covers of Doom no matter who the Artist is .

But everyone has the right to there own opinion that is what makes these contents so great.

Nonetheless make no mistake there are alot of super EPIC Doom cover in this thread.

I am no Hater :cool:

here's to DOOM love. :headbang:

and a thinker.

Lin was a great pick up for you Jason

you are advancing to the top pretty fast , I gotta watch you!!!

and Congrats on the Atkins Walking Dead Rick cover.

Super Killer (Pun intended) but also totally deserving :headbang:

Our Contestants!

SideOrderOfBrains's Robert Atkins

DOOM.jpg

C-raider1's Bob Layton CGC 9.2

IMG_1798.jpg

Par2ch's ULTIMATE Doom by Stuart Immonen CGC 9.8

Doom.jpg

seanfingh's Patrick Tuller

avengers1cgce.jpg

GODOFTHUNDER's Phil Jimenez

FPJ.jpg

mad-dogz's Jim Cheung

JAN19TH008.jpg

NYComics

DA%2520%25231%2520Dr.%2520Doom%2520John%2520Romita%2520Sk%2520%2526%2520Stan%2520Lee%2520Sig%25209.6.jpg

spawnfiend's Harvey Tolibao

blnkcvr011dd.jpg

Secret Son's Ethan Van Sciver

Doom.jpg

Captain Canuck's Joe Sinnott

%2524%2528KGrHqN%252C%2521hcE3ypfOiGLBOC5%2529Z1Oz%2521%257E%257E0_3.JPG

spideyfan88's Bob Layton

JuniRajakumarspidey1doom-1.jpg

unmovedmover's Freddie Williams II

04DrDoom.jpg

Hank Pym's Stephen Segovia

doomsegovia.jpg

Best of the Best: Doom Edition Round 1

- Vote 1 time only

- Poll closes Tuesday at 6pm (extend for all the Boardies at MegaCon) :)

- Results will be revealed when poll closes

- Top 2 Sketches will go head to head to determine a winner!