• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS Sketches, what are your thoughts on this?

48 posts in this topic

From that posting it looks like they are taking a really soft line on this...

My analysis of the comments is:

This first case was misfiled. Stating Gary was the sole creator (even I can see this is not the case).

This initial judgment was filed (perhaps with both parties agreement) in order to end this dead end (100% creator) suit.

This judgement was done to quantify what Gary has received from licensed material. The reason this was done is to end the case, and establish what Gary has already benefited.

With this new information in mind I do believe there will be a settlement but not to the tune of 100% creator rights. This 17k$ will be taken from this private or public settlement.

As has been noted this has been a huge mark on at least the movie, at most the whole industry and how they treat creators (this discussion IMO is far overdue).

As to shutting down artist alley and suing creators for commissions I just don't see this happening. It is equal to committing suicide for Marvel and DC.

So I think Mr. Bissette through the power of social media and the internet has created a "War of the Worlds" environment with some of the artists...

Just read a message that stated some artists are waiting to hear back from Marvel regarding clarification on the Friedrich case. This was my fear/concern; that misinformation would get back to the artists and cause a frenzy :(

I don't think people understand the power of the internet and the power of words

This is 100% unneccessary imo, as Marvel creates blank covers. But if the artist isn't on board it really doesn't matter what I think :(

But I have no doubt, we'll get through this storm! :)