• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An open letter to George Lucas...

67 posts in this topic

It finished dead last at the theaters this weekend. The Star Wars generation is fading like a burned out star.

No. The Star Wars generation is tired of taking it up the with re-releases of the same old mess.

If he would let someone else write, -script, direct and produce a trilogy beginning before the Phantom Manass, we would line up around the block in tents to get a ticket for it.

I'm not so sure about that.

*ahem*

:baiting:

2080902-17422_large.jpg

Six years after the fall of the Empire in Return of the Jedi, the battle for the galaxy's freedom rages on. The Empire has been mysteriously reborn under an unknown leader, wielding a new weapon of great power. Princess Leia and Han Solo struggle to hold together the New Republic while the galaxy's savior, Luke Skywalker, fights an inner battle as he is drawn to the dark side, just as his father . . .

Yeah, I heard they're decent books. I highly doubt that star wars stuff without Lucas or any of the original cast is gonna get the kind of excitement Dice is talkin' on.

:roflmao:

I still laugh at that video everytime I watch it lol

Mr.Plinkett remade is Episode I review in 3D and added new stuff to it.

Link

Everyone should watch his Star Wars prequel reviews :roflmao:

Great. I know what I'll be doing tonight.

It finished dead last at the theaters this weekend. The Star Wars generation is fading like a burned out star.

No. The Star Wars generation is tired of taking it up the with re-releases of the same old mess.

If he would let someone else write, -script, direct and produce a trilogy beginning before the Phantom Manass, we would line up around the block in tents to get a ticket for it.

Yeah I agree it is far from dead. It will remain strong for probably another 30-40 years. A lot of people who grew up on Star Wars are only in their 30's and 40's they have cash. It's just they didn't grow up on te Phantom Menace and well it's a bad movie. Plus any kids that wanted to see and love clone wars already own he damn movies on DVD. I considered seeing the original trilogy in 3D, but sitting here realized it will have all the extra mess. I know ROTJ is the weak one of the original trilogy but man has he butchered the mess out of that film the past 15 years.

I couldn't believe the Pawnstar guy wouldn't buy life sized Darth Maul and Jar Jar binks figures (limited to I think 250 each made) I mean he wouldn't even go $200 each on them I think..

I know people who would probably pay the $600 the guy was asking just to blow up the jar jar with firecrackers for a cool youtube vid..or using him as a decoy to use the carpool lane

I may not have seen the movie but I don't have to to know jar jar was hella lame..

Darth maul looks pretty cool (don't know who he is or what he does but nice paint job) and would make helluva a lawn ornament maybe situated with some mutilated ewoks like he was culling the lawn of furry pests...with his huge light saber dealio

I couldn't believe the Pawnstar guy wouldn't buy life sized Darth Maul and Jar Jar binks figures (limited to I think 250 each made) I mean he wouldn't even go $200 each on them I think..

I know people who would probably pay the $600 the guy was asking just to blow up the jar jar with firecrackers for a cool youtube vid..or using him as a decoy to use the carpool lane

I may not have seen the movie but I don't have to to know jar jar was hella lame..

Darth maul looks pretty cool (don't know who he is or what he does but nice paint job) and would make helluva a lawn ornament maybe situated with some mutilated ewoks like he was culling the lawn of furry pests...with his huge light saber dealio

Now you have me considering re-landscaping the front yard. Doubt if the wife would go for it. And Darth maul would scare the bejeebers out of my son.

Dear George, I just spent my hard earned cash on The Phantom Menace in 3D hoping that I would enjoy the experience. Not only did the movie suck again, but the 3D effects were very subtle, almost like you were "teasing" us. Not only can you not write intelligent dialogue, but you can't do 3D! I see this as another way to milk as much money from us fans as possible. That's it! Im done with the Star Wars universe!!

Trippy "The KING of 3D."

So happy I sat home tonight to watch Gran Torino.

I saw Phantom Menace when it came out with a bunch of friends. I was the only one who hated it. They were no longer my friends after that. I can tolerate a lot of things, but to say Phantom Menace is better than A New Hope? Sorry but that goes over the line!

Now you have me considering re-landscaping the front yard. Doubt if the wife would go for it. And Darth maul would scare the bejeebers out of my son.

But it would also scare away potential theives and stinkin' ewoks..

The guy on Pawn Stars said when the original movie came out stores had them as promo giveaways..and he won at two different stores..

I know a few people who have different characters..

I have seen Spiderman ones too.

I was at a party the other day where they had three human sized Chipmunks figures..from the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies..

I would love love love love to infinity to have one of the life sized Silver Surfers from the movie theaters when the lame FF movie came out..that sucker would be in my living room..it was awesome..all chromey

But jar Jar would be the subject of a destructive youtube vid..

and Maul..well like I said cool lawn ornament

Link

If you want a good laugh,they're funny and insightful lol

Dear George, I just spent my hard earned cash on The Phantom Menace in 3D hoping that I would enjoy the experience. Not only did the movie suck again, but the 3D effects were very subtle, almost like you were "teasing" us. Not only can you not write intelligent dialogue, but you can't do 3D! I see this as another way to milk as much money from us fans as possible. That's it! Im done with the Star Wars universe!!

Trippy "The KING of 3D."

Wait a sec...you had to pay and watch the movie to figure that out? doh!

Link

If you want a good laugh,they're funny and insightful lol

Good laugh doesn't describe those. They are masterpieces.