• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denver Comic Con - June 15, 16 and 17 2012

124 posts in this topic

GET THOSE HULK #181's ready....DCC GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Herb Trimpe - Penciller, Inker, & Co Creator of Wolverine!

DCC is incredibly happy to have Herb Trimpe as a special guest!

Went to Starfest this past weekend and the comic portion was woefully attended. I heard from dealers that there was a rumor that Comicfest wasn't going to happen at all this year, as part of Starfest, which kept some dealers and fans away. The main dealer room seemed smaller than years past - if that's possible. Highlight of the show was the Robotics room. Wow was that some cool stuff! My kids went bananas for what they claimed was the real R2D2 which even I have to admit was very convincing. Only thing missing was Kenny Baker inside.

Let's hope DCC is where everyone's focus is :)

Got this email today! Part of it here... :banana:

04/25/12, Denver CO Denver Comic Con goes six feet under to unearth TV’s hottest stars. The locally- powered organization just announced the addition of three celebrities from AMC’s The Walking Dead to their already smoking hot guest list.

Lauren Cohan (Maggie Greene), Steven Yeun (Glenn), and Chandler Riggs (Carl Grimes) will take over the Mile High City months after the shocking finale of their 2nd chart-busting season....

:news: Hot Flips will be setting up at this convention :news:

41 days to go :banana:

That is great news! :applause:

Sounds like they have two major announcements set for today as well. We'll see :wishluck:

TICKET ANNOUNCEMENT

For those of you who would like to come to the Denver Comic Con and you have NOT purchased your ticket yet. Desert Wind Comics was provided a special discount code for any DWC customers or friends. So please use DWC2012 when ordering your 3 day pass. It will get you a 20% discount. Here is the website link to the TICKET SECTION. Enjoy and we hope to see you at the show.

TICKET ANNOUNCEMENT

For those of you who would like to come to the Denver Comic Con and you have NOT purchased your ticket yet. Desert Wind Comics was provided a special discount code for any DWC customers or friends. So please use DWC2012 when ordering your 3 day pass. It will get you a 20% discount. Here is the website link to the TICKET SECTION. Enjoy and we hope to see you at the show.

This is great! I'm pestering a local dealer here for exhibitor passes but haven't heard back. I'll keep your code in mind if my guy falls through (thumbs u

Less than 5 weeks to go :banana:

lol your stressing me out with all the reminders haha.. anyone doing a dinner for this con?

Not sure, I think there is something happening on Thursday night.

Saw this yesterday via the DCC FB feed...

"Hotel sales have been so great at the Hyatt that they are currently at capacity. We are currently working to lock down more hotel rooms and will let you know as soon as we have secured the best rate possible for you. Stay tuned in the next day or two."

Sounds like a good indication of a strong turnout for the first ever DCC (thumbs u