• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wasn't this the guy that was listed as a "less than honorable" guy ?

36 posts in this topic

If memory serves me correctly, this was the guy that did a deal with Bob Storms and the books were found to be restored...And his attitude was "A deal is a a deal".....

Maybe he should be listed along side Comic Keys/Danny Dupchak/Robjo33

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-55-CGC-9-0-SUPER-WHITE-PAGES-THING-BATTLES-SILVER-SURFER-/200712418169?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ebb647379#ht_500wt_1041

If memory serves me correctly, this was the guy that did a deal with Bob Storms and the books were found to be restored...And his attitude was "A deal is a a deal".....

Maybe he should be listed along side Comic Keys/Danny Dupchak/Robjo33

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-55-CGC-9-0-SUPER-WHITE-PAGES-THING-BATTLES-SILVER-SURFER-/200712418169?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ebb647379#ht_500wt_1041

I did a search for the seller (sbonner12) here on the boards and he was only mentioned once, and not in relation to Bob Storms.

Steve (Hey Captain) Bonner still owes me $2500 for the restored he traded me.

When told the books were restored his infamous comments to me were "A deal is a deal". However, if I sold him the books I would be expected to return his money. .

If his books are graded then no he will not screw you.

If you are dealing with him on raw stuff you are on your own.

When told the books were restored his infamous comments to me were "A deal is a deal". However, if I sold him the books I would be expected to return his money. .

Is there a thread on this? How'd the guy sneak the restoration past you in the first place? I always thought you had one of the best eyes in the industry for catching .

Is there a thread on this? How'd the guy sneak the restoration past you in the first place? I always thought you had one of the best eyes in the industry for catching .

Didn't Ewert sneak his restoration past CGC ?

If Bob says he was sold restored material, I for one believe him.

A little history.

I had been doing cash/trade deals with Steve since 1998 so this wasn't a one and out type deal.

The books he traded in July 2001 at a Big Apple Church show were two raw Amazing Spider-man #6's and a Amazing Spider-man #27 for a Amazing Spider-man #4 CGC 9.0 and a Amazing Spider-man #40 9.4. Approx $4100 in value back then.

Both AS #6's came back 9.0 restored, the 27 9.2 restored. I do not have the scans handy. If the books were unrestored he wouldn't be on my website today. Based on the grades they came back I don't think it would have been a bad deal if they were unrestored.

Yes, I did a raw for graded traded back in 2001. Yes I missed the restoration but frankly my eye was not what it is today as far as what to look for. Please note, CGC was only open a year.

Lastly, we had been doing business for 3 years. Never a mention or hint of the infamous "A deal is a deal" type response. And I do still see the at NY shows. Always stands far away from my booth and asks if I remember him. Yes Steve, I will always remember a thief and that is what you are if you are lurking on these boards somewhere.