• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Versus Thread

79 posts in this topic

My favorite Ditko Spidey cover:

ASM23a.jpg

Nice book - that is my favorite as well :cloud9:

Thanks. It's my undercopy (picked up a graded 8.5 right before Xmas in a trade with Tortoise). Was thinking about putting it up in the Marketplace. I got this one from Blue808 a few years back.

ASM23a.jpg

Thanks. It's my undercopy (picked up a graded 8.5 right before Xmas in a trade with Tortoise). Was thinking about putting it up in the Marketplace. I got this one from Blue808 a few years back.

I know it sounds crazy but this cover to me has a Mac Raboy feel - it is just so fluid and elegant - almost effortless which is why I loved Raboy so much.

ASM23a.jpg

I know it sounds crazy but this cover to me has a Mac Raboy feel - it is just so fluid and elegant - almost effortless which is why I loved Raboy so much.

It doesn't look much like Ditko, does it? The Spidey looks more Romita than Ditko (similar to the famous sequence in #33).

ASM23a.jpg

It doesn't look much like Ditko, does it? The Spidey looks more Romita than Ditko (similar to the famous sequence in #33).

Maybe that's it - the fingers are Ditko for sure. The colors and depth are great. The more we talk about it, the more I want to upgrade my copy now lol

ASM23a.jpg

why post the under..? the 8.5 you got is so pretty.