• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg's MegaCon report (yes, with pictures)

187 posts in this topic

DSCN1721.jpg

Hubba hubba

I always think that those guys that stand behind hot chicks, without telling them or letting the girl(s) know and taking full-back side pictures and/or butt pics, are absolute pervs..straight up pervs; girls at cons will usually oblige to requests, but I am sure they are not fans of assnap-shots

BTW, the girl is hot...yes, I'd hit it! (thumbs u

I'd hit it, twice!

I will have to wrap up the report without any more pictures :( as we we're just to busy :juggle: customers and books :whee:. The busiest Sunday I've ever had at a con. Also, picked up a really nice consignment of very high grade Marvel/DC bronze. Yesterdays sales highlights included a FF #5 CGC 6.0, FF #6 CGC 9.0, Silver Surfer #1 CGC 9.6, Journey Into Mystery #105 CGC 9.6, Amazing Spiderman #31 CGC 9.4. It was great to meet some many folks that I've only done business with through the mail prior to the show. Best to all, Greg
At least I know why they didn't buy my ff5 cgc6.0 :baiting:

Hubba hubba

I always think that those guys that stand behind hot chicks, without telling them or letting the girl(s) know and taking full-back side pictures and/or butt pics, are absolute pervs..straight up pervs;

Are you kidding? That's the Nerd equivalent of getting laid! They don't get turned down and they don't have to worry about premature.....paper aging either (thumbs u

Yeah, I'd hit it too. But not before seeing if I could get her into a Scarlet Witch costume first.

Greg, thanks very much for the nice Con report. I'm a little late to the thread, but I did stop by the Con last weekend and had the pleasure to briefly meet Nick Cardy.

Nick had a breakout session on Sunday for a new book showing sketches he drew as a GI during WW2. Turns out that through a rather humorous chain of events, Nick ended up driving a tank during the war (and as he tells it with no training to boot). As seems to be common with other WW2 vets I've met, I think Nick was probably too modest when relating some of his war experiences.

Spur of the moment, I scrambled to find a book or two for Nick to sign, and he shared a thought or two on each when he saw them. For example, the background coloring on the Teen Titans Christmas Carol was a little darker than he'd envisioned. For the Aquaman issue, he said something to the effect of "oh yeah, that one" with a smile and then something about drawing Aquagirl which I didn't quite catch but was probably a pretty good line.

Here's hoping Nick keeps attending Cons for many years to come.

IMG_0903.jpg

Greg, thanks very much for the nice Con report. I'm a little late to the thread, but I did stop by the Con last weekend and had the pleasure to briefly meet Nick Cardy.

Nick had a breakout session on Sunday for a new book showing sketches he drew as a GI during WW2. Turns out that through a rather humorous chain of events, Nick ended up driving a tank during the war (and as he tells it with no training to boot). As seems to be common with other WW2 vets I've met, I think Nick was probably too modest when relating some of his war experiences.

Spur of the moment, I scrambled to find a book or two for Nick to sign, and he shared a thought or two on each when he saw them. For example, the background coloring on the Teen Titans Christmas Carol was a little darker than he'd envisioned. For the Aquaman issue, he said something to the effect of "oh yeah, that one" with a smile and then something about drawing Aquagirl which I didn't quite catch but was probably a pretty good line.

Here's hoping Nick keeps attending Cons for many years to come.

IMG_0903.jpg

Nick Cardy :cloud9: