• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOARD MEMBERS MEETING AT CONVENTIONS

28 posts in this topic

Has there ever been a scheduled, organized, separate get together of board members

at any Comic Convention in a sponsored "Members Only" meeting room?

mm

I kinda miss the old days of "Clubs."

When I was a kid, my parents belonged to several. Each had scheduled meetings, a board of officers, dues, parties, potlucks, raffles, trips, swap-meets, fund-raisers, etc.

It would be nice to get away from the computer screen and actually interact with people in person.

Has there ever been a scheduled, organized, separate get together of board members

mm

When I was a kid, my parents belonged to several. Each had scheduled meetings, a board of officers, dues, parties, potlucks, raffles, trips, swap-meets, fund-raisers, etc.

It would be nice to get away from the computer screen and actually interact with people in person.

Blasphemer!

mm

Blasphemer!

:)

Not really talking about an organized club...just a hospitality suite open during a Comic Con

for members of these boards to meet, take a break, leave messages etc..

mm

Not really talking about an organized club...just a hospitality suite open during a Comic Con

mm

I love meeting the guys at forum dinners. :applause:

forum dinner sounds fun. Especially based on that Scoop article. I regularly meet friends from other boards at various cons for dinner, drinks, whatever. At San Diego you are never lacking for a bar to be sure.

If there's one at SDCC again this year, I will definitely try to attend. How was it organized last year?

mm

Well, at next week's London Show, we're using a place called High Grade Comics for those very purposes. :D

mm

Well, at next week's London Show, we're using a place called High Grade Comics for those very purposes. :D

That happens at every show :)

mm

Is there a secret handshake?

mm

You wink and say "a deal is a deal".

:eek:

mm

Yes, it involves female repelling pheromones and moist palms. hm