• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just an idea I had a year and a half ago or so

20 posts in this topic

As someone who likes to push the Registry Set envelope (and one of the winners of last year's Best Presented Sets), I would think this would be the next stage of evolution for the Collector's Society.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4108321#Post4108321

Pictures would be a good way for the set owners to open their sets with a bang. An example of this would be, when I was doing Locke & Key, I was gonna have Joe Hill pose with me and through photoshop, open my head with the Head Key to reveal the gem mint #1 popping out.

For your consideration. :foryou:

But, please get back to me so I don't have to keep asking. Thank you

(thumbs u

I would get my friends that are into Cos-play to strike some action poses of beating me up for each of my sets they have costumes for! For my sets they don't have costumes for I guess I could post a pic of some of the original art I own related to the set until I run into someone at a Con as a character I could use! I love this idea!

Thank you for your support too. :)

Yeah, I just thought it would be neat to be able to connect the set holder to the set somehow, if they chose to include themselves. It would be awesome to put a face on the #1 set holder of the Kool-Aid Man set drinking a big picture of Kool-Aid or something like that. The set collectors are the main stars, not their books, IMHO. We are the dedicated hobby people who go to great lengths to who make this happen for the CGC Registry. I feel by having this, everyone can win the acclaim they deserve, if they don't actually win a plaque in June. If they want to just post OA, that's fine too. :)

I have not heard anything from anyone behind the scenes about it yet. But I'm confident this idea will workout to benefit the Registry.

:shy: It is being considered...I will keep you posted of any updates. :wishluck:
:bump:

It's been a while, but I was wondering if this could be reconsidered before the 2016 Registry Awards. I've been out of the Registry Set game for some time now and really would really like to get back in the swing of things.

It's just I want to start things off with an image or two (120Kbs max) in my intro that shows I'm the collector and my books don't "collect" me. I really have some great ideas that if this wish is granted, might change the way collector's write their intros.

So, pretty please think it over again.

Thank you,

Jerel

:shy: It is being considered...I will keep you posted of any updates. :wishluck:
:bump:

It's been a while, but I was wondering if this could be reconsidered before the 2016 Registry Awards. I've been out of the Registry Set game for some time now and really would really like to get back in the swing of things.

It's just I want to start things off with an image or two (120Kbs max) in my intro that shows I'm the collector and my books don't "collect" me. I really have some great ideas that if this wish is granted, might change the way collector's write their intros.

So, pretty please think it over again.

Thank you,

Jerel

This is now possible! You just need a little html knowledge to jazz up your registry set.

Here's my super cool Runaways registry set:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=87701&SelectedTab=SetListing