• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

As Nico pointed out...let's discuss issue #5...

What did everybody think?

I liked it a lot.

Brought the book back up to issue 1 and 2 level.

The first page was awesome. The last page was awesome. The stuff with The Will was awesome. Awesome issue!

Yup, #5 was a winner!

I remembered I was more shocked to see that character's death then the character who died in TWD #100 actually. It actually felt too soon and unexpected.

Jerel who hates Moderns. lol

Got my 9.8 CGC today - It looks awesome.

Gone into the "keepers" box.

As Nico pointed out...let's discuss issue #5...

What did everybody think?

I liked it a lot.

Brought the book back up to issue 1 and 2 level.

The first page was awesome. The last page was awesome. The stuff with The Will was awesome. Awesome issue!

Yup, #5 was a winner!

I remembered I was more shocked to see that character's death then the character who died in TWD #100 actually. It actually felt too soon and unexpected.

Jerel who hates Moderns. lol

I read 3, 4 and 5 at the same sitting and I didn't enjoy them as much as I did 1 and 2. Can't put my finger on it. It could be that BKV is really good at setting things up. I usually don't enjoy series that much until three or four issues are under the belt. But I loved Saga 1 and 2.

Pretty pissed about the "death" at the end of #5. Hoping that it is not actually a "death" at all.

I guess my only gripe with #5 was how fast Marco broke his oath. I mean that ship could have been driven by Chewbacca and a random Ewok (Return of the Jedi Endor scene) for all he knew. It showed how fast he panicks (family or not). I thought his "pledge" really defined his character and was disappointed to see it go.

I've seen people break their oath much quicker how long did Britney last that one time, 27 hours?

I think it shows he'll break an oath to protect his family but doesn't want to be put in that situation in the first place.