• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Funny, since prices on raw #1s are actually going up. It's starting to look like an excellent time to stock up on RRPs, as they are still outnumbered 74:1 by the regular cover.

Up until now, they have been selling for 20x the regular #1. When 1 was $5, the RRP was $100. When 1 was $8, the RRP was $160. When 1 was $10, the RRP was $200. Now 1 is $16 or so...and the RRP is decreasing...? Looks like a momentary glut on the market as people who speculated on this book and snatched them up out of the gate are now getting their CGC copies on eBay. Once these dry up again and make their way into collections, it'll be a different story price-wise.

Read #4 and #5 last night, and this book just keeps on being awesome!

I really hope that it becomes an ongoing series.

Within the last few days, I watched a couple of the RRP auctions on the bay, thinking I might snag one, and saw them go for a lot more than I was expecting, over a couple of hundred dollars each for raws, and one was listed in "vf/nm" condition. Before, I was seeing them go for maybe the $150 range on average for a long time. Certianly under two bills for the most part. Is this spike due to more cgc-graded copies of the RRP having become available?

I'm failing to see the "variant backlash" sales. Looks like there were 2 in the $165 range and then it bounced right back over $200. I'd love to see them take a temporary dive, but definitely don't see it at the moment.

Read #4 and #5 last night, and this book just keeps on being awesome!

I really hope that it becomes an ongoing series.

Within the last few days, I watched a couple of the RRP auctions on the bay, thinking I might snag one, and saw them go for a lot more than I was expecting, over a couple of hundred dollars each for raws, and one was listed in "vf/nm" condition. Before, I was seeing them go for maybe the $150 range on average for a long time. Certianly under two bills for the most part. Is this spike due to more cgc-graded copies of the RRP having become available?

It has always been an on going series, they are just taking a break after #6 I think.

I'm failing to see the "variant backlash" sales. Looks like there were 2 in the $165 range and then it bounced right back over $200. I'd love to see them take a temporary dive, but definitely don't see it at the moment.

I got one in great shape a while ago from an online shop a little while after they came out, and have not seen any go for cheaper since. In fact, a lot more usually.

I must have confused this title with another recent one, as I had it in my head that this was a 12 issue deal. Thanks for letting me know, I hope it stays as great as it is now.

It usually gets updated every week - perhaps Gemma is busy with other stuff at the moment? :shrug:

Speaking of the census - did anybody notice that there are now 204 CGC 9.8 copies of Saga #1? Wow.

It usually gets updated every week - perhaps Gemma is busy with other stuff at the moment? :shrug:

Speaking of the census - did anybody notice that there are now 204 CGC 9.8 copies of Saga #1? Wow.

I've got 6 waiting to be graded non-fast tracked a month ago. So there should be 210 sometime in December when they grade them.