• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/11/as-issue-seven-sells-out-image-decides-to-stop-reprinting-comics-like-saga/

If Image is indeed no longer going to reprint certain titles, should we grab extra #7 issues?

I think that this is great news! I've grown tired of reprints diluting the market.

I ordered an extra four or five #7s by accident, to add to my usual ten. =)

i think reprints kill the overall collectability of comics....i don't even think they should release a TPB until at least a solid year of comics is done. Oh and haven't found any Image Firsts so far locally, not sure what's up with that.

Edited by krighton

i think reprints kill the overall collectability of comics....i don't even think they should release a TPB until at least a solid year of comics is done.

I completely and totally disagree on a couple of levels. As someone who supports Saga, I want the book to continue and the best way for that to happen is for as many people as possible to pay for the book. If that means that they are buying it via trade, comixology, etc., whatever. Brian and Fiona will keep writing and drawing the book as long as they continue to make a living off of it. The longer the run is, the better it is for the value of what you own.

Also, trades create more customers for the books. Think about the Walking Dead. Even before the show or rumors of the show, a lot of people jumped on board the title because they picked up the trades and loved them. This created demand for early keys... before the show. This can and may make the Saga books that you own more collectable.

In sum, more readers = more value for your earlier issues, in my opinion. Reprints and trades help create more readers.

i think reprints kill the overall collectability of comics....i don't even think they should release a TPB until at least a solid year of comics is done.

I completely and totally disagree on a couple of levels. As someone who supports Saga, I want the book to continue and the best way for that to happen is for as many people as possible to pay for the book. If that means that they are buying it via trade, comixology, etc., whatever. Brian and Fiona will keep writing and drawing the book as long as they continue to make a living off of it. The longer the run is, the better it is for the value of what you own.

Also, trades create more customers for the books. Think about the Walking Dead. Even before the show or rumors of the show, a lot of people jumped on board the title because they picked up the trades and loved them. This created demand for early keys... before the show. This can and may make the Saga books that you own more collectable.

In sum, more readers = more value for your earlier issues, in my opinion. Reprints and trades help create more readers.

:applause:

+1

I love Saga and I had a friend ask me about a month ago (or just when #7 came out) what I would recommend adding to his pull list (I had already got him on the Revival and Bedlam wagon). I said.... SAGA! He went out and bought the trade + issue seven and is hooked.

I would imagine that we will continue to see trade paperbacks as the series continues, as well as electronic "prints" of each issue, just not reprint after reprint after reprint, ad nauseum.

i hope they dont make anymore of that variant ! lol

If variants make Fiona and Brian more money and they decide to go that route, I would not fault them at all. People buy them and Fiona and Brian have bills to pay. That being said, it would certainly make my life easier if they only did a few variants, particularly if they're really nicely done :-)