• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Feel free to consider what you like but it's a non-factor. Articles like that happen every year. The much larger factors are Christmas, less Saga 1st prints available and eBay bucks.

Feel free to consider what you like but it's a non-factor. Articles like that happen every year. The much larger factors are Christmas, less Saga 1st prints available and eBay bucks.

I agree with your points, and you certainly sell enough books to see the trends as they develop. If Christmas and eBay bucks are leading the move, do you think its going to drop or can it hold the new price?

But readers, yes and hopefully that will continue to build momentum. I just see the article instantly translating to graded sales as quite a leap when there are much more obvious explanations.

I agree with your points, and you certainly sell enough books to see the trends as they develop. If Christmas and eBay bucks are leading the move, do you think its going to drop or can it hold the new price?

Well most will depend on how many sellers jump on this new high thinking it's the new market price. Typically post Christmas there is a sudden increase in disposable income of collectors (until the credit card bills in a couple weeks) and a decrease of books listed due to the Christmas rush.

I would GUESS that it slowly declines until about April and then maybe another spike before lower summer prices.

Question to the Forum: do a lot of comic fans read USA Today... ? (shrug)

:grin:

Answer: NO.

agreed, and I definitely didnt want to create a huge debate. But they do read BleedingCool etc, who linked it. Anyway, if everyone agrees that the article isnt a factor, and the price spike was only coincidental, I certainly dont want to be on the other side of the debate.

But, I read the article from bleedingcool or one of the other comic news sites, went to ebay, saw the price spike, and immediately:

listed my extra 9.8 for sale

bought 3 more copies of #1 new/unread from a comic seller for $20 each (and the next day they doubled remaining copies to $40 each).

With how low the supply is on ebay of 9.8s for sale, there has to be SOME effect.

I have never gone to USA Today for comic news. There is about 10 other sites I would visit first. The comic community isn't really that huge and the amount of people that visit websites and keep up with news is even smaller.

I"m sure there are a bunch of factors including all these sites and end of year lists. In the end it's a good book that people want to read and that's what drives sales and prices. It could also be people who have picked up the series via trade and really enjoyed it. Now they are reading in singles and want to go back and grab those first few issues. Along with all the top 10 lists and everyone and their Grandma recommending the book.

In the end it's all SAGA <3 . I hope the sales keep rising and this book is around for a LONG time. Great time to be reading comics in general.

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Question to the Forum: do a lot of comic fans read USA Today... ? (shrug)

:grin:

Answer: NO.

but everyone has seen that article...

lol

That has to be a joke right?

I would GUESS that it slowly declines until about April and then maybe another spike before lower summer prices.

It will be interesting to see where it tops first. It seems to have strong support right now for the move anyway. Each sales is high than the last by a few dollars.

$155 happening the next day after your $152.

I am glad I got mine way out ahead on this one. I have a saga 9.8 run, and pretty pleased I didnt hesitate on building it up last summer.

Saga, Revival, ToT, and Fatale are the ones I have in 9.8s.

Revival, and Saga I have subbed a lot myself, but ToTs was a stinger to catch up on. I did most of it in the mid summer, but regret not getting some ComicsPros back then.

That's one of the reasons I bought the RRP for saga this week. Don't need it to move any further without me.

Believe me I like the increase. 30 CGC 9.8's just sitting in a box. I will also continue to list them as I have for the last year. I just see many factors influencing prices long before that article.

I never read the article (or saw), just heard the hype. Saga is a quality books without the article. We'll see what happens...

I think you mis-understood me.

I have had Saga on my pull list since June, and still managed to get all but my 3 most recent copies of #1 at Cover.

I have a full 9.8 run, two full raw runs, and about 8 copies of #1 1st print (including the new three) on top of that.

I am not new to the book at all, I was merely discussing the recent rise in price. I realize people dont go to USA Today for comic news, that was sort of my point. Mainstream coverage does tend to help build interest.

Several of the recently bid up auctions for saga 9.8s had people with sub 10 feedback. New highs in price, plus new users, and the coincidence to the date of the article, where the basis for my comments.

Believe me I like the increase. 30 CGC 9.8's just sitting in a box. I will also continue to list them as I have for the last year. I just see many factors influencing prices long before that article.

(thumbs u

that's a good box to have :D, you have a ToT box too? ;)