• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I guess I'm pretty lucky I got my rrp at Chicago. Funny I had offers for it right there on the spot for 100 and at the time seriously thought about letting it go for that. Soooo glad I didn't.

I can understand you being happy about that now but 99.9% of the time the wise move would be take the $100. I bought a few off dealers in Chicago and they were happy to make a quick buck.

Yah, people dont realize how much money you are putting in up front to do these things. Buying at $8 is great now, but at the time, $480 bucks on one new comic? That's just one of many you are buying. Not many people can front 1000s of dollars, know which ones to buy, hit the grades, etc etc.

Being a dealer is very different from being a collector. Collectors will always be able to make more buying and holding one valuable book, than dealers, who must continue to move stock.

Which is why books like Action #1 will make the Dentist (or his estate) far higher % returns than chuck could ever have made.

Saga RRPs are just a microcosm of that, but same principles. Dealers deal, collectors hold.

Thinking about giving my group of number 1's some more brothers and sisters of 2-6...

I don't own a farm, so I don't need them to work for me, but I don't think there is any danger of them becoming wards of the state.

If I had money to blow and wanted to "invest" in Saga, I would spend all of it on RRPs. If that's not an option, then the regular #1s...but IMO, the RRPs have much more room to grow as a result of their extremely limited print run.

I wonder how much a Walking Dead #1 would be if there were only 500 copies of a rrp hm

I wonder how Hardcore #1 would do if it were turned into a TV show on AMC....

No need to wonder. There's only enough material for a promo. ;)

I am just glad that I sent most of my NYCC Saga's via slow boat. If I had gotten them back sooner I would have sold through some of 'em by now. Can't wait for THAT family photo! It will make for a nice reunion. ;-)

I like the slow boat. I still send about 80% that way. I fast tracked NY for Christmas sales. I also skipped doing Saga in NY.