• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I'm not much of a hoarder, I"m curious what is the deal with having 10+ of each book? Is it for selling later or is that just how you like to collect series?

Not judging anyone, just curious. I find people's collecting habits interesting :)

We are normal, you are insane.

Just kidding... I buy multiple copies for wallpapering and bird cage lining.

I'm not much of a hoarder, I"m curious what is the deal with having 10+ of each book? Is it for selling later or is that just how you like to collect series?

Not judging anyone, just curious. I find people's collecting habits interesting :)

i back the titles i like. These are not releases from The BigBloatedTwo. These are creator owned and operated releases. if these books do not sell well, they fold up and go away. they do not have "Movie Money" to keep them afloat if sales are poor.

So what's the deal of saga having an exponential jump this past week? (Sorry too lazy to check 300 pages)

Saga isn't the only book causing hell...check out Peter Panzerfaust..Thats causing a stir.

It seems that most recent Image books have gotten a bump lately. It's well deserved. Saga, PP, Nowhere Men, MP, are all excellent. The only thing that the big two have that I think is close is Batman and Hawkguy.

37k copies and apparently they're all owned by a handful of people. This is playing out like a ponzi scheme.

lol

Well guys... It's been a pretty *spoon*itty day in my comic universe. The comic gods mock me.

I bought 21 Saga's from an online comic retailer for cover (2 - 9), three of each except 2 (1) and 9 (2). #2 was $7.99 and the rest were $2.99. Got an email a day later that said...

8393526992_e78e9dd6f9_z.jpg

My first thought, "this dude saw what I ordered, checked around, and decided to strong-arm me to either keep the books or raise prices."

Long story short... he wanted to raise the price of #2 from $7.99 to $29.99. He did offer to let me buy one each at cover as long as I would buy one at the raised price (insane pricing - higher than I've seen anywhere else raw). He wanted me to come out of pocket for more money. I told him to just sell me one set at cover (to try to work with him) and refund the difference (I shouldn't have to pay more money). His reply, "I respectfully decline."

His excuse was that a price update that was supposed to occur did not occur due to someone with the servers (yada, yada, yada, excuses). This is classic bait and switch boys and girls.

How does the story end Ryan... ?

(1) My money back

(2) He keeps his books (smiling)

(3) Ryan is not happy

(4) Buyer beware...

I know I'm late to this party tonight, but I wanted to put it out there that this happened to me twice about 6 months ago with ASM 606&607 and some other title. I'm always hesitant to order any hot book at a good price from them because of the fear he will cancel my order and jack up the prices.

Sorry for not alerting you guys to this when it happened. Figured I was just unlucky. Sorry you had to experience this too, Ryan.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Oh and I just reread the first post on CA and he used the same exact server line on me. Ugh.

I wish I could go back in time and have him say this again with the LYING CAT in the room. I knew this was a F'n lie. He just wanted to gouge me. Thanks for the validation.

All I know is I picked a bad time to send in all my copies. I gladly would have sold 10 sets like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-GHOST-1-8-SET-ALL-1ST-1-CGC-9-8-IMAGE-VAUGHAN-STAPLES-/111000702964?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19d8284ff4

Maybe I can call FedEx and have them turn the truck around? hm

Hi gang:

Normally we don't get involved in this type of thing, but some nice folks pointed out what Ryan was doing on the site here, so we felt it was only fair to respond.

Here is text from a reply I sent to anyone notifying me of this. It's missing the screenshot which shows the dating and separate orders, but anyone who is interested is welcome to e-mail us and we'll send it along:

[ Begin text:

Without checking anything else about the order sequence, I assumed that there was a server glitch. Apparently not so. Or it could have been a combination of things, because the order was originally started on the 13th. We did the update on the Tuesday, which was the 15th, and it should have taken on that day. He then picked up the cart on the 16th, subsequent to the update, so we suspect that he saw the updated pricing and then decided to pick up the cart and formulate the amended order. We have a piece in our terms of service that covers that type of situation, and stipulates that abandoned carts which are subsequently picked up must be done so at prices currently in effect at the time of pickup. What we're trying to figure out is how the items added to the pickup didn't register properly.

We did in fact offer a reasonable alternative (at least we thought it was reasonable). The alternative was one "set" of what he ordered at the price stipulated in the original order there, plus one set at the correct pricing which should have been in effect. He would have gotten 2 copies of each book, there would have been a blended average price there which would have still been substantially less than the updated pricing, and he'd be able to resell them at a reasonable profit. He declined that and came back with the single set offer.

Incidentally, the way to avoid this problem is to place pre-orders for any issues that someone wants to speculate on. Pre-orders carry no limitations of any kind, and we're happy to ship them. The problem with pre-orders of course is that if the book(s) don't turn "hot", then you've got a lot of books that are being received with little upside.

End text ]

I appreciate the fact that Ryan included most of the communications between us. I thought that we were always polite and respectful, but you'll note that as soon as we declined his offer, he got steamed and went off on us a bit. Personally I don't see the purpose of a smear campaign, but I guess there's always one person in the crowd who has to do this kind of thing. And of course it subsequently attracts all the folks who like to jump on board with some of the comments you see above.

So before everyone goes on the "chucks and sucks" bandwagon, you may want to try us out and see for yourself.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Hi Joe,

You may want to figure out a way to fix this as it has happened to me in the past with your site. I figured I was just unlucky, but with it happening to Ryan as well, it might be something you should look into to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks,

NC

Edited by awakeintheashes