• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Hi guys:

To r3d star:

You make a valid point via a vis opportunity, but I would like to ask a question: When, despite the best efforts of both parties, a satisfactory resolution to both doesn't happen, does the other party go off and try to run a smear campaign about you or your organization? Is that an honorable way to handle a situation? How can the person who does such a thing possibly undo what's been done? What kind of person does that, regardless of how that person might feel?

Yes, it does indeed suck for both parties.

Hey Joe,

In all honesty, that's beside the point. If I had a penny for all of the bad reviews our products (and our company) have gotten, I'd be a rich man. But that's the nature of being in business online. Like it or not, people WILL review your business practices, your products, etc. This is no different than the scores of people that leave poor reviews on Amazon.

The difference is, your company is still (seemingly) in a position to be this close to its customer base, so it feels a bit more personal for you.

What you want (need) to do is safeguard your business's reputation by valuing IT more than the few bucks you would've lost over a possible technical glitch. In MY opinion, your offer was no-where near reasonable. His was. He gets 1/3 of the deal he would've had originally and You keep 2/3 of that inventory at your higher price AS WELL as a returning customer (not to mention the potential sales you lose from one bad review).

If it truly was business, you could've made a wiser business decision and not taken his posts personally.

Cheers and good luck.

PS.

I always remember this when it comes to reviews and the customer experience. "It's always easier to destroy, than it is to create."

I don't have any previous history with this shop so I won't rush to arbitrary judgements.

Its good of you to come on.

However when you use the word "campaign" you probably got the back up of 95% of modern boardies.

Ryan is one of the best guys on here.

Tolerant,polite and NOT given to lashing out in 'revenge' campaigns.

A gentleman in other words.

I would take his side anytime over virtually everyone on here.

However,there is plenty of time to make it right.

Sell him 1 set at the original price.

You have lost a LOT of custom here - (until you have a 'must-have of course) - but if you want it back sooner rather than later,make it right.

It really is as simple as that.

Good luck in your business.

Cheers

Andy

Again more good points. Fyi, I just sent Ryan a note personally including the screen shot so he could see what it is and mentioning that it sure would have been easier to speak personally on the phone or something instead of doing this type of thing. Remember, I wouldn't have known about it except someone card enough to tip me off.

to Comixcollector up there: e-mail me at the address I gave and I'll send you the shot. Happy to.

one thing to keep in mind, he was still making his normal margin or more on the books at whatever the original price was. It's missing out on "even more" profit that we are debating here.

Regardless of everything else, he was never going to "lose" money selling books at his regular price.

Again more good points. Fyi, I just sent Ryan a note personally including the screen shot so he could see what it is and mentioning that it sure would have been easier to speak personally on the phone or something instead of doing this type of thing. Remember, I wouldn't have known about it except someone card enough to tip me off.

to Comixcollector up there: e-mail me at the address I gave and I'll send you the shot. Happy to.

Good luck! I really do hope it all works out.

Cheers

I don't know Joe, but from a quick Google search, I found this :

http://www.comiccollecting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=363

Well, damn.

Looks like the Internet has more on Joe than competition in comic sales. That truly sucks, because the "personal experience" is really one of the last few things that LCS have over online retailers. And if you can't even safeguard that... Well.... :(

No one noticed him off in the corner because there were many customers at the time, staff was busy assisting those customers, and no one was paying him any attention at the time. Besides, you would think that the sign on the pile would be enough, no?

Best thing to do here is stop arguing with people on forums, thereby creating more posts that can be dug up in the future. Instead, work on salvaging a potential sale and possibly saving face, or just walk away knowing this particular group will no longer purchase from your store.

Seriously, this is two more YouTube links away from turning into a train wreck.

Or, you know, go on. It is kind of intriguing watching this unfold.

Hey I like Pie:

I love the stop sign. How did you post it? I tried to post a shot earlier but couldn't figure it out because it kept asking for a URL and there was no specific url to put in the reference.

Incidentally, for those of you who continue to jump to conclusions, there is a substantial history with good old Paul that goes back much further than that incident would indicate. I'm not going to go back in time to rehash the whole thing, but suffice it to say that they were looking for an excuse to make a posting like that and we fell right into it.

OK, so...let me see if I have this straight: You exchanged multiple emails over this ordeal, but it, "sure would have been easier to speak personally on the phone or something instead of doing this type of thing."

Seems to me you didn't care enough to speak to him in person until you got called out on your poor business practices in a public form. And you still don't seem in the least bit motivated to make it right.

Classy.