• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Actually while you guys have been jumping all over me, Ryan and I have passed a few e-mails back and forth. I tried to call him just now on both numbers he had provided in his orders, but they went to mailboxes or were not accepting calls. So I gave him my number and am currently waiting on a call. yes, even at this ungodly hour I am dumb enough to be waiting for a phone call of all things. yeesh....

Actually while you guys have been jumping all over me, Ryan and I have passed a few e-mails back and forth. I tried to call him just now on both numbers he had provided in his orders, but they went to mailboxes or were not accepting calls. So I gave him my number and am currently waiting on a call. yes, even at this ungodly hour I am dumb enough to be waiting for a phone call of all things. yeesh....

Well if you called me at this time of the night I would not pick up the phone, Unless you were a dime drunk and hot as hell....

I think that Ryan is owed what was paid for.

He did nothing wrong. He placed the order on the site, paid for the order, got the confirmation e-mail. It should not matter that Joe didn't get the funds that instant. When I ran a business it would take our credit card processor a few days to credit out account. When I ran a sports "informational" site and we had server updates we did our due diligence and checked out EVERYTHING and okayed it go. IF your servers failed to catch the error then you need to either eat it or talk to your tech guys and have the difference come from them.

These issues you had bought before and were willing to part with them before. Now you have hurt feelings that you missed out on making more money. Just honor the order and gain back some respect. Is the difference really worth your time to join forum on a friday night and play tuff guy? On this site is many hoarders and collectors. If you honor the deal then you might get more sales from us later on which could mean more money. IF you chose not to honor the sale and defend every poor deal you made in the last few years good luck. These guys on the site have run off bigger fish then you.

@awax ;)

Seriously, this is two more YouTube links away from turning into a train wreck.

300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

lol that wasn't aimed at anyone specifically or a commentary on YouTube posts in this thread. I just think YouTube is a great source of people being...well...train wrecks. Seriously, people love recording (and eventually posting) themselves being total insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on there.

Anyhow, back on track (see what I did there): Saga

So earlier this month, I scored a #1 CGC SS 9.6... And despite that, it bugged me, as a collector that it was NOT a 9.8....

Today, thanks to jjeanius, I purchased my 9.8 (at the 11th hour, no less). Pretty stoked!

(A feeble attempt to re-rail this derail, but hey... worth a shot)

@awax ;)

lol that wasn't aimed at anyone specifically or a commentary on YouTube posts in this thread. I just think YouTube is a great source of people being...well...train wrecks. Seriously, people love recording (and eventually posting) themselves being total insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on there.

So earlier this month, I scored a #1 CGC SS 9.6... And despite that, it bugged me, as a collector that it was NOT a 9.8....

Today, thanks to jjeanius, I purchased my 9.8 (at the 11th hour, no less). Pretty stoked!

Was it also an SS?

@awax ;)

noooo...my train!

joe: welcome to the boards, I'm glad you came by even if you have a good bit of hostility towards you. hopefully you are here to resolve things and move past it.

I said my piece via e-mail, but in short to recap-- I don't think its unfair of you to ask Ryan to pay for one set at the original price he expected and to sell him one additional set at the new price. however if he does not agree to it, I do think its unfair to not just go ahead and sell him the one set at the price he expected like he wants. whether you see it as such or not it is a compromise on both sides. (I mean don't you think he would LIKE to get all the books he paid for/was expecting? and not just a copy of each) - although he doesn't walk away with all the books he wanted still got a good deal on one set and gets to walk away with something (that he paid for) - and you still have your books you are free to sell at the new price.

the only difference really between if he took your proposal or you took his -- is you aren't guaranteed a sale of 1x of each book at the new price and simply have to wait for another person to pay it. its a no brainer from where i sit as a business owner.

Edited by riveraXVX

I shall not dredge the past.

You must know larry.

He is the biggest and best comic seller in the whole world.

He said so,therefore it must be true.

Anyone wanna help me out before I get a weeks holiday :wishluck:

Was it also an SS?

Mos def!! :)

Actually, what we were thinking of doing is to recreate the whole, entire original order which would not only fix this problem but probably elicit spasms of euphoria from some of the folks who've been dumping on us. BUT.....I am sad.

Why am I sad? I am sad because Ryan won't call me.

I sit, I pine, I cajole.

Yet he refuses to call.

Why must I torture myself like this?

Why?

WHY????